No TV coverage for AMA Finale at Laguna

leanangler

Control Rider
From Roadracing World:

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca CEO and General Manager Gill Campbell says she is “incredibly disappointed” that the 2013 GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing season finale, scheduled to take place alongside the eni FIM Superbike World Championship at the Monterey, California road course September 27-29, will not be televised inside or outside the facility.

“Obviously, I’m incredibly disappointed,” Campbell told Roadracingworld.com Monday, the morning after a successful Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series event at her track. “We thought that we had done our part. And it is purely their [AMA Pro Racing] decision not to have television. I think it is very unfortunate for all of the AMA fans and participants. This is the finale, the year-end, the Championship, and it’s not being broadcast?

“I keep getting told that they have things happening down the road. I have no idea what those things are, but it doesn’t help anything right now.

“I don’t know. They have a different way of running a series than I’ve ever encountered before, to be honest.”

:banghead:

GTBullet

Dumbasses. I swear, its like they WANT their own series to fail. Sad to say but pro racing in the US seems to be taking a downward spiral this year. Shame, so much talent in all of the classes.

mike574

Final race of the year championship up in the air and there not televising it :dunno:

Does not make sense if they want people to follow there series

GTBullet

ninjamansc;288022 wrote: Wait....what? AGAIN?
Yup! Except this time its the series finale and with the superbike class being so tight in points within the front 4 guys they NEED to televise. People are going to be pissed...

andykurz

I still don't know who to point the finger at - CBS Sports or AMA, or both. None of it makes sense to me.

devildogae

Doesn't make sense at all, gotta get people invested the the riders and the teams, can't do that without exposure to them....

leanangler

Control Rider
BEIN Sport WILL be televising the WSBK portion that weekend LIVE, but no dice on the AMA side. Amazingly enough, they won't even be filming during the AMA events, so the teams in the pits/fan won't have anything to watch except when the riders flash by.
Amazingly stupid.

jsin38

Not surprised. We've become a nation of dog grooming, hybrid driving, iPhone coveting douchenozzles.