nO0b!

Gorecki

Hello NESBA!

Been lurking hear a bit and just signed up. Been being a riding, track day, racing information vacuum in recent months. Got a new bike for the first time in a LONG time and just having soooo much freaking fun I need to get on a track fairly soon before I get caught having soooo much freaking fun! :D

I hardly know anyone that rides let alone inline fours, so I resort to learning from the masses and gaining readiness to hit a track for the first time.

Going to take a couple of days of school up at NJMP later this summer but in the mean time gearing up (literally).

Had a couple of conversations with NESBA dudes in bike stores in Maryland and seemed like good folk, so who knows maybe I can make some local riding buddies/friends here, if you don't mind? :cool:

Dave561

Control Rider
Welcome to the addiction. Lots of good people and good info here. Feel free to ask anyting, unless it's about rain at a scheduled weekend. They tend to burn those people at the stake as an offering up the rain gods.

Lombardo Joe

Yeah, I learned that one the hard way for our last day on Monday... Don't say the "R" word.

Welcome. The people around here are great. I mean it. I've only done one so far, but I'm hoping to get out for June 14th... I kind of don't get payed until next Thursday, and I hope it doesn't fill...

Gorecki

slow_honda;130156 wrote: Welcome to the addiction. Lots of good people and good info here. Feel free to ask anyting, unless it's about rain at a scheduled weekend. They tend to burn those people at the stake as an offering up the rain gods.
So anything to do with cumulus or cumulonimbus clouds, convection and precipitation is strictly prohibited…and generally bad juju? Got it! :doh:

Gorecki

HondaGalToo;130162 wrote: Welcome! When's your first NESBA event?
Not totally certain about much of anything yet frankly. Noticed a couple days over at Summit coming up in a couple weeks; I'd like to make it to that even if it's just to watch, hang or help out. Big holdup is I need a track bike cause I'm terrified I'll end up trashing my pretty new Kawi. :eek: So I've been eyeing the classifieds here and over at wera's forums.

Gorecki

Lombardo Joe;130164 wrote:
Welcome. The people around here are great. I mean it. I've only done one so far, but I'm hoping to get out for June 14th... I kind of don't get payed until next Thursday, and I hope it doesn't fill...
Thanks man! Seems like a warm welcome already. :cool:

What's funny is once upon a time I rode because I couldn't affort to become a pilot, then I became a pilot and after realizing how expensive it is went back to riding. Now, looking at track and racing and thinking....sheeeezzz....a guy just can't win. So I guess I need to just shut up and break out the wallet! :doh:

NoPower

Gorecki;130181 wrote: Thanks man! Seems like a warm welcome already. :cool:

What's funny is once upon a time I rode because I couldn't affort to become a pilot, then I became a pilot and after realizing how expensive it is went back to riding. Now, looking at track and racing and thinking....sheeeezzz....a guy just can't win. So I guess I need to just shut up and break out the wallet! :doh:
Did you get your ppl to fly? I am in the process of trying to get my ppl and start riding track so I totally understand the money deal. Anything fun is expensive...hahaha:D

Gorecki

NoPower;130191 wrote: Did you get your ppl to fly? I am in the process of trying to get my ppl and start riding track so I totally understand the money deal. Anything fun is expensive...hahaha:D
Yeah, got milked in getting there too. My flight training hours was pretty much triple what was estimated and this isn't any failure on my part, hell I knew 'how to fly' before I even started.

Also, VFR flying in the DC area is less than freedom, there's restricted air space everywhere so I haven't even bothered to keep current since '04. Add to that two hours in the air is no less than $300.00, track riding is still cheaper by the hour by a long shot. :rolleyes:

rk97

Lombardo Joe;130164 wrote: Yeah, I learned that one the hard way for our last day on Monday... Don't say the "R" word.
Bah, I say talk about it all you want.

Native Americans used to do rain dances for god's sake... How often do you think that worked for them?

How much do you think they'd be kicking themselves in the ass if they knew that all they had to do to make it rain was take off work and schedule a trackday on a bike with slicks? :doh:

Gorecki

My method of damage control is to never ever wash a vehicle when I want to be out riding. Works like a charm! :D

Unfortunately even being fairly good at weather prediction, once temps & humidity is up, there is no predicting it. :doh:

Lombardo Joe

Gorecki;130351 wrote: My method of damage control is to never ever wash a vehicle when I want to be out riding. Works like a charm! :D

Unfortunately even being fairly good at weather prediction, once temps & humidity is up, there is no predicting it. :doh:
Yeah, but the good thing about pop-up storms is that they usually last 5-10 minutes, and when it's that hot out, sometimes it only takes another 20 for the track to dry.

Gorecki

Lombardo Joe;130353 wrote: Yeah, but the good thing about pop-up storms is that they usually last 5-10 minutes, and when it's that hot out, sometimes it only takes another 20 for the track to dry.
Good point, could clean a track up a tiny bit too I imagine?

Lombardo Joe

I dunno. Monday at NJMP Thunderbolt we had a bit of rain (my fault of course for discussing it the the night prior). There was about 1 full group rotation before the track was dry again. Felt fine out there afterwards. I guess it can get rid of any dust or pollen that may be on the track.

jfeagin

Geez, another newbie? Oh well, maybe one of you guys will be slower than me and I'll finally get to pass somebody. :idea:

Anyway, welcome aboard. Check out the Summit dates for July 4th weekend. They don't seem to be filled, yet.

And if you're not too particular about the age of your bike, I've got a CBR F2 I'm hoping to sell. I've got it running pretty well, but came across too good a deal on a brand new ZX-6R. So I don't really need two track bikes. I think... :notsure:

Gorecki

jfeagin;130539 wrote: Geez, another newbie? Oh well, maybe one of you guys will be slower than me and I'll finally get to pass somebody. :idea:

Not if I can help it... ;) But, I probably will be sucking exhaust for a while. :p
Anyway, welcome aboard. Check out the Summit dates for July 4th weekend. They don't seem to be filled, yet.
Thanks alot J, I'll mark it but just don't know what most of the summer holds, we may be at soccer tournament in Seattle and don't even know it yet.

And if you're not too particular about the age of your bike, I've got a CBR F2 I'm hoping to sell. I've got it running pretty well, but came across too good a deal on a brand new ZX-6R. So I don't really need two track bikes. I think...
I'll keep a mark in this link cause it's not out of the question....ironically enough that's what I'm riding now is an '09 ZX-6R. :cool:

Welcome, from one noob to another. I'll be holding down the honor of slow guy in the back at VIR in a few weeks. I can hardly wait. I'm trying to get myself a track bike by then, but I'll ride my streetster if I have to.

Gorecki

Trkdaywannabe;130560 wrote: Welcome, from one noob to another. I'll be holding down the honor of slow guy in the back at VIR in a few weeks. I can hardly wait. I'm trying to get myself a track bike by then, but I'll ride my streetster if I have to.
Yeah...I'm REALLY trying to avoid risking something I'm making payments on. :banghead:

Well, sure we'll figure it out...welcome to you too! :p

jfeagin

Gorecki;130580 wrote: Yeah...I'm REALLY trying to avoid risking something I'm making payments on. :banghead:

Well, sure we'll figure it out...welcome to you too! :p
That's why I'm slow. Been riding my Triumph while fiddling with the CBR. So why the new ZX? 'Cuz I'm crazy, obviously! :notsure: :dunno: