Noob in WI

05FZ6

Hey guys,

I'm new to Nesba but have been riding for six years. I auto X a lot and have done a couple lapping days at some smaller tracks... it's time to take the bike to the track.

I've checked into safety gear rental, read through the riders manual and think I should have no problem with meeting the tech requirements. The one question I have is regarding the gauntlet style gloves that are required... would these work?

92517_H_SH315_MW355.jpg

I'm planning on attending the 5/30/11 Road America day in the Intro group, likely camping out someplace close by, driving the bike there and then back home two hours away. Anyone have any suggestions that I wouldn't have already read here: http://www.apexjunkie.com/iWeb/TrackDays/TrackDays.html ?

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys!

gkotlin

They look good in the photos.

Final decision happens in tech. But as they appear, they seem fine. If they're made of leather, I don't see an issue.

05FZ6;187535 wrote: Hey guys,

I'm new to Nesba but have been riding for six years. I auto X a lot and have done a couple lapping days at some smaller tracks... it's time to take the bike to the track.

I've checked into safety gear rental, read through the riders manual and think I should have no problem with meeting the tech requirements. The one question I have is regarding the gauntlet style gloves that are required... would these work?

92517_H_SH315_MW355.jpg

I'm planning on attending the 5/30/11 Road America day in the Intro group, likely camping out someplace close by, driving the bike there and then back home two hours away. Anyone have any suggestions that I wouldn't have already read here: http://www.apexjunkie.com/iWeb/TrackDays/TrackDays.html ?

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys!

bugmn20

Welcome! You're going to love the track! Hide yo kids, Hide yo wife, and hide yo wallet cuz this sport is expensive up in herrr

Todd

WELCOME!

Road America is a blast, you will love it! I'll be there on the 30th also.

aaronrun

Welcome

You will love RA, it is an amazing track. World Class as they say. You may be aware from reading the manual, but in case you missed it, you have the option to camp at the track for no additional cost. Pretty cool benefit if you ask me.

05FZ6

Thanks guys!

I didn't know about camping at the track, I'm there!

My buddy with a Speed Triple will be there too, come stop by /grab a beer and say hi!

alsaleen

Welcome you will LOVE RA, awesome track. depending on my bike situation. dont forget to check out blackhawk too.

05FZ6

aaronrun;187689 wrote: You will love RA, it is an amazing track. World Class as they say. You may be aware from reading the manual, but in case you missed it, you have the option to camp at the track for no additional cost. Pretty cool benefit if you ask me.
Looks like they won't allow camping on Sunday night as they won't have security... Damn.

Guess I'll have to see if Plymouth Rock is available...

Got the boots/suit ready for rental from TDS, my gloves should be here soon, I'm getting excited!

aaronrun

05FZ6;189427 wrote: Looks like they won't allow camping on Sunday night as they won't have security... Damn.
Wait a minute, who told you this? Not that you're wrong but we've got conflicting statements now.

05FZ6

^ Road America told me that - (800) 365-7223.

They said to check out Plymouth Rock (PR) which is apparently basically across the street. P.R. has a three day minimum for that weekend and are running out of water/electric sites. We don't need either and only want to stay the night...She said that if we just show up on Sunday night and they have openings we'll only have to pay the one night stay fee (between $30 and $40 vs. the $141 for the three nights). According to Plymouth rock (920) 892-4252 they have plenty of tent sites still available.

Let me know what you find out, I'd much rather stay at Road America for free!

Corsair

Yay, I know of another Intro rider for 5/30 besides me, now! If you don't end up with someone already here to pit with you can look for the guy with the '04 RC51 (that's me) that'll probably be strangely out of place by itself in the pits. :)

I'm in the same travel boat as you-- riding the bike an hour away early Monday morning and then riding back afterwards.

05FZ6

Corsair;189563 wrote: Yay, I know of another Intro rider for 5/30 besides me, now! If you don't end up with someone already here to pit with you can look for the guy with the '04 RC51 (that's me) that'll probably be strangely out of place by itself in the pits. :)

I'm in the same travel boat as you-- riding the bike an hour away early Monday morning and then riding back afterwards.

Sweet!

My buddy in his '06 Speed Triple (drool...) will also be in the intro group, looking forward to it!

lplonske;189563 wrote:
so are we all supposed to show up monday morning? how is that gonna work?
I'd assume you show up at the track (early enough in advance), sign any wavers/registration stuff you need to do, go to the track day store if you're renting gear, setup/tech your bike/gear and ask around to see where to report to next... Does that answer your question?

aaronrun

I would contact NESBA on the camping issue. This would not be the first time someone at RA has given misinformation. I'm kinda waiting for a Director or something to notice one of these threads.

05FZ6

aaronrun;189769 wrote: I would contact NESBA on the camping issue. This would not be the first time someone at RA has given misinformation. I'm kinda waiting for a Director or something to notice one of these threads.
Check out this thread