Noob questions

Buckeye96

My first official track day will be summit and I have some noob questions so as not to be that guy?

I haven't figured out if I am going to come up Friday or Saturday morning.

How late is too late to setup friday?
How early is too early to setup saturday?

I assume chilled beer is in order for the CR's? :notsure:

tittys04

Summit is a great place... that's where I did my first TD a few years ago.

I can't remember many details about when you can show up, but usually anytime before 10ish is acceptable at most tracks. I would definitely recommend getting there Friday evening, set up, and relax the rest of the night. There's nothing worse than running late the morning of a TD... nothing ever goes right that day.

dave433

Tit's is right. This being a double header weekend, Summit is going to be full. Best to get there Friday evening to get a good pit spot if possible.

Mikey75702

Personally I am going to try to get there before bed time Friday night. Normally I get there at about 5am the day of... the beer for the cr's is kind of a joke, but it sure would help break the ice and create new friends whether they are cr's or not (not like anyone is hard to get along with around this club, so far I have yet to meet an a$$hole.

Joe Vital

buckeye, as for the beers. make sure you lay some to the side, because if the CRs get wind of a noob with beer you wont have any left to drink.

the gate at summit doesnt close. you may have wake to gate attendent, but he will let you in. tell him you are there for the NESBA thing. earlier is better and be prepared to fend off the largest concentration of stink bugs this side of the yellow sea.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Joe Vital;185803 wrote: ...and be prepared to fend off the largest concentration of stink bugs this side of the yellow sea.
Oh my god, I'm still finding those f$%$kers from the mass infestation I got there a couple of years ago. Damn, I hate those things! And watch hanging your leathers at lunch...they like to crawl into everything. I think one did and bit the back of my knee. They say they don't bite, but something got me!

Agree with the folks who say to get there the night before. You can usually get in after 5 or 6 pm, and the gates don't close. Let the folks you're pitted near know you're new and they'll point you in the right direction. ;)

dudette

I traveling from NY so I'll be there fri night to set up and chill. Going to try and get a good night sleep. If you need anything just ask. People here are great. Everyone helps out. We all have forgoten something.
BRING shade, chair and plenty to drink/eat.
Donna
07 cbr600rr "626"