Noobie in Myrtle Beach, SC. Seeking advice.

Meat

HondaGalToo;161269 wrote: Progress at a rate that is comfortable for you; don't go all out and try to keep up with a faster rider. Gradually increase lean angle, get pointers on correct body position from the Control Riders. The MAIN thing to focus on is being smooth. Smooth on the brakes and gas, smooth in your transitions side-to-side on the bike. Get rid of thoughts of "stabbing" the brakes, "whacking" the throttle, "throwing it into" a turn. That'll put you on the ground. Forget speed, focus on smooth and the speed will come naturally.

"You have to go slow to go fast"
:agree::agree:

Really remember not to get sucked into a turn by a faster rider. Just because the guy in front of you can go into a turn at xx MPH, doesn't mean that you can.

Ride within YOUR ability and learn as much as you can while you are at the track.

W3rd04

This all sounds good, it seems alot better knowing that I can take my time getting use to the track rather than going out there and trying to keep up with the other riders. As far as my 650r, I may get a junker because that 650r is brand new and ive heard alot of things like if your going to throw the money and time into making it a track bike then you might as well buy a junker track bike instead. I have until June to figure it out but I plan on getting out to CMP. Hope to meet some of you out there.