Not 1 but 2 lowsides, cmp 6-12-10

noobinacan

dang
yeah on Sat, every time I randomly looked towards 14, all i saw was a dust flying....all day.
was a crazy day that one.

glad you walked away from both of those.

DFlowe

Zook131,
A couple of years ago, I low-sided going into turn 5 (the carousel) at CMP. I didn't get hurt and the bike wasn't damaged too badly. I thought to myself: that didn't hurt or even scare me. Then, I went out in the next session and did exactly the same thing again.

I guess you could say I put out the same effort and had exactly the same results. I never did figure out what I did wrong, but I attributed it to my tires. I'm not sure if it was the tires or not, but from that day forward I moved up to a race tire and I haven't had any trouble since.

treker8098

Keep in mind that other vehicles run on this track and leave behind fluids. The high in the past with car testing, we have seen track temps as high as 155 deg F. The high temps can bring some of the oils out of the asphalt. Not to mention other factors such as mind fatigue from dehydration and heat, and the additional heat in the tires.

ZOOK131

The first time I believe it was in 14 (the rt before the front strait) & I wasn't going fast, just toooo much brake and trying to lean it in. The lap before I crashed, my rear stepped out a little because I was trying to get on the gas too hard while leaned over too far. 2 weeks before CMP I did Rd Atl & the rt side of my rear was about 60% and showing signs of LOTS of right handers, should have flipped the rear. The 2nd crash definately shows the rear letting lose because of slick tire & slick track. That is my excuse & I am sticking to it!!!

ZOOK131

This was my 1st time there, it is a fun track & I will go back again. Everyone says that the track is hard on tires & they are NOT lying!!!! Have a fresh set to start & if you do the double be prepared to flip them or buy new ones by the 2nd day. Ride hard EARLY in the day & take it easier in the later sessions if it is a hot day. I guess the poles are there to keep you off the grass in the turns, they were not there in the 2 turns that I went down in....maybe if they were there I would have stayed on the track, DAMN you CMP!!!!! LOL

DFlowe

ZOOK131;136045 wrote: This was my 1st time there, it is a fun track & I will go back again. Everyone says that the track is hard on tires & they are NOT lying!!!! Have a fresh set to start & if you do the double be prepared to flip them or buy new ones by the 2nd day. Ride hard EARLY in the day & take it easier in the later sessions if it is a hot day. I guess the poles are there to keep you off the grass in the turns, they were not there in the 2 turns that I went down in....maybe if they were there I would have stayed on the track, DAMN you CMP!!!!! LOL
Zook,
I'm glad you enjoyed CMP. To me, it's a fun track but it is definitely hard on tires. On other tracks you get 4 to 6 days on your tires and at CMP, they're toast after a 2 day event.

lbsaxman

Control Rider
seems like in the second one you hadnt picked the bike up from full lean at all before you grabbed a good bit of throttle ,

steverin06

Looks like you lost the front right behind me on the 1st crash, spun up the rear the 2nd time. I didn't find the track had any less grip than it usually does, I went faster that weekend than I ever have there. I think the physical effects of the heat on people and/or their street tires are what made the number of crashes so drastic. ZOOK's suggestions are dead on - this time of year before lunch is when to push for times, after lunch is when you screw around with buddies, learn new RPs, work on corner speed, etc.