Not really that technical, but...

SimplyRed

A number of places. Some I'd recommend:

- dcdecals.net (good prices, options, service)
- dirtdigits.com
- Most MX/bike shops

rk97

Dean from dcdecals.net is great. He'll get you pretty much whatever you want quickly, and at a good price.

just 'standard' numbers will be real affordable.

...or you can use masking or electrical tape

clockworkjon

Ok, here's another no so tech question.

Does it matter what knee pucks I use with what suit? I have a Teknic Chicane suit but can't find matching knee sliders, they're out of stock everywhere. Can I just get any cheap pair of pucks regardless of brand? I'm new so I don't imagine even needing them yet, but just in case...

rk97

You can put any pucks on any suit. Just make sure you don't have one of those rare brands that has the velcro reversed. 98% of suits have the 'soft' side on the suit, and need the 'pokey' side on the puck.

"klucky pucks" from woodcraft are awesome, but not cheap. for your first set, you won't mind burning through them quickly. after that, it's just one more thing to buy :p

and you SHOULD have them for your first day. Some people will drag their knee before lunch on their first day. I wasn't one of them, but I saw a guy in the "Intro" group come close to putting his knee down. doing so w/o pucks is NOT a good experience.

clockworkjon

rk97;49166 wrote: You can put any pucks on any suit. Just make sure you don't have one of those rare brands that has the velcro reversed. 98% of suits have the 'soft' side on the suit, and need the 'pokey' side on the puck.

"klucky pucks" from woodcraft are awesome, but not cheap. for your first set, you won't mind burning through them quickly. after that, it's just one more thing to buy :p

and you SHOULD have them for your first day. Some people will drag their knee before lunch on their first day. I wasn't one of them, but I saw a guy in the "Intro" group come close to putting his knee down. doing so w/o pucks is NOT a good experience.
Good stuff, thanks!

EDIT: Pair of Fieldsheers on the way. Sure hope they're the "pokey" ones!

dean

clockworkjon;49094 wrote: ...where do you get the number decals from? That's it, that's all I want to know. Thanks!
Got the order - thanks!! I appreciate you leaving the design option open. I will make them look good. ;)

clockworkjon

dean;49644 wrote: Got the order - thanks!! I appreciate you leaving the design option open. I will make them look good. ;)
Oh, cool thanks! Didn't realize you were on the forum. Looking forward to seeing the numbers.

dean

clockworkjon;49689 wrote: Oh, cool thanks! Didn't realize you were on the forum. Looking forward to seeing the numbers.
Shipped this morning.

And do not mind Kotlin... he is still medicated :D

What's a good option for putting 6" numbers on my stock bodywork?
Was leaning towards having something that is not permanent.
Dean-are you decals removable? If not, I may just put it on my windscreen.

Sklossmonster

The numbers Dean from DC Decals gives us go for $1 each. They come in black or white, the look great and work just as well. I hope you went to Lowes for more than just numbers, otherwise you probably spent more in gas than we sell DC Decals for at the track :doh:

We ran out of 3s and 6s at Blackhawk, but we should be completely resupplied in time for Putnam. Thanks Dean!

clockworkjon

Got my decals over the weekend and they look great. I didn't specify a font, just asked for something simple. Dean kept it simple but not boring. They fit perfectly on my windscreen as well. Thanks, Dean!

P.S. Can they be removed and re-used?