Novice class classroom sessions.

TripleThreat675

If I sign up for the Novice class do I have to attend the classroom sessions? I've already been on the track with another organization and did the classroom sessions/beginner sessions and didn't really want to have to redo everything all over again.

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
You will always learn something....with an attitude like that you won't progress very quickly....

Romans Eight

Control Rider
Director
Always must attend the first classroom Novice meeting before riding on track each day. We will bump you to Intermediate if you're ready. Until then, those classroom sessions are key to understanding how to get out of Novice. Pay attention. Ride well. Get bumped to Intermediate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Romans Eight

Control Rider
Director
Hey TripleThreat675, when is your next Trackday with us? I'll spend time with you and see where you're at. I'd like you to get the bump, maybe you're ready... I'll be at Roebling 5/21-5/22.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TripleThreat675

Hey TripleThreat675, when is your next Trackday with us? I'll spend time with you and see where you're at. I'd like you to get the bump, maybe you're ready... I'll be at Roebling 5/21-5/22.

I'm thinking of doing NCBIKE Memorial Day weekend. Well one of the days. I guess I came across wrong in my original post, I don't have anything against classroom learning, my question is more so once you've done the first classroom session and then once on the track, are you evaluated then you keep doing track sessions at your own pace or are there more classroom sessions after each track session where every one in Novice goes to class then runs a session then back to class building up pace each session. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Romans Eight

Control Rider
Director
Don't sweat it bro. The only required classroom session for Novice is the one just before you go out for your first session. Send me a private message and we can discuss Memorial Day.

Harsh

Other People's Kids
Thanks for asking the question TT675. I was wondering the same exact thing since I am in the same situation as you. I am also planning on attending the same weekend for my first track day with N2.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
As stated the first one of the day before your first Novice session is pretty much mandatory.
Generally they're trying to provide tips for first time riders, and first time riders to the track.
Also, if there's time, there may be some sort of technique tips offered in the morning session.

The other classroom session that might be considered mandatory is if they call a Novice session/meeting
during the lunch break. They may want to make changes based on how the day is going regarding passing
rules, and/or address technique issues they're observing on track both good and bad.

More so in Novice, there are more riders in varying levels of comfort with being on the racetrack.
The meetings are not only a way to get the riders in that group together to teach, but to also
gather in the same spot and allow the CR's/Directors to communicate with Novice group riders.

Communication is key to the success of the day, the group and individuals.

Try not to look at it as a burden or inconvenience, but an opportunity.

I cannot say I've done it in a while, but I've been known to pop my head in to the Novice meetings as an A rider
from time to time. Fundamentals get re-enforced for me and sometimes bad habits I've adapted get undone
when I get instruction.

Just my 2 cents.

Romans Eight

Control Rider
Director
Great points D-Zum. Until you know the material well enough to teach it, then you need to hear it again. You cannot lose hearing safety fundamentals repetitively. #remainteachable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m mears

Different organizations run they're N groups in different ways. Rider feedback and helpful hints and tips from the CR'S. Some don't allow you to pass a CR at all until maybe a leap frog lesson towards the end of the day let alone passing anyone, anywhere. N2 allows you to pass a CR when they give you a signal to wave you past. The meeting let's you know where and when you are allowed to pass and not allowed. HUGE information for everyone to know. You have guys/gals who have just purchased a bike to riders who have done years of track days mixed up in the same group. Some looking to get bumped and some who are just comfortable in that group. Knowing where you're allowed to pass and or expect to be passed is crucial to inexperienced/experienced riders alike. N2 has some of the best CR's out there and are there to make everyone's days safe, informative, and productive.