Novice Trackday

m mears

I have registered for the 7/18 event at PIRC. This is my first event with N2 and had some questions regarding the Novice Class. I read through the N2 rule book and it says there is a meeting in the morning before the 1st session and wondered if there is a scheduled meeting between each session? Or do you find the CR and go to them with any concerns or questions?
If someone has the ability to bump up, does the CR go to them and do a on track evaluation or does the rider have to ask. Seen it work both ways in other organizations. I have heard nothing except good things about the teaching skills of the CR'S here and look forward to their advice and tutelage. See you at the track.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
There will be a mandatory riders meeting at 0815 in the morning (at the beginning of every track day). Every rider must show up to that meeting. There, they will cover track rules, flags, group rules, etc. You should see any N2 staff member wearing the orange CR shirt that has "Follow Me" on the back, or someone wearing a bright green N2 shirt. If you have any questions during the day, feel free to approach them and they will be able to help you out.

CR's will bump you either way - they might notice your advanced riding abilities in your current riding group and ask you if you want to bump up, or you can by all means approach any CR and ask for an evaluation.

Mikey75702

Also, for novice group specifically, there is an extended meeting after the morning riders meeting that you must attend, and another meeting towards the end of lunch. They go over a lot of info that will help you learn the track and pick up some speed and consistency.

Also, the "center lane" of pit out for your group is a good way to get eval'd for a bump. It tells the CR's you are feeling pretty good, and want some info on your riding to go to the next level.

borislav

Control Rider
I agree with everything John said and I will only add that if you have any questions or concerns do not hasitate to ask! CR's and Director are there to try answer/resolve.
One word of advice! I would not worry about bump,focus your efforts on listening,learning,having fun and bump will come to you!
When I was in your shoes I never asked for the bump,CR's will know when you are ready for a bump. I'll share one anecdote of mine...
Rob Cichielo pulled me on the side and said he will bump me to A I said I don't want it and I didn't asked for it!☺
He said you have to get bumped for safety reasons and he also said "you will be fine trust me"! He was wright I was fine,as a small fish in a big pond but a small fish how had a lot of fun in big pond!

m mears

Ok. Thanks for the replies and getting me "up to speed" so to speak, on the itinerary through the day. Getting to know the track, the lines and taking in all the critical info needed to improve my abilities is what I am looking forward to.Thanks again and am looking forward to meeting some of the N2 gang.

m mears

I agree with everything John said and I will only add that if you have any questions or concerns do not hasitate to ask! CR's and Director are there to try answer/resolve.
One word of advice! I would not worry about bump,focus your efforts on listening,learning,having fun and bump will come to you!
When I was in your shoes I never asked for the bump,CR's will know when you are ready for a bump. I'll share one anecdote of mine...
Rob Cichielo pulled me on the side and said he will bump me to A I said I don't want it and I didn't asked for it!☺
He said you have to get bumped for safety reasons and he also said "you will be fine trust me"! He was wright I was fine,as a small fish in a big pond but a small fish how had a lot of fun in big pond!

I agree. I don't want to be the "that guy" who asks for a bump, and politely gets told "ya right." Lol. I agree on learning and that's what I am focused on. I, we, all want to have fun and get the most out of our days at the track, but also want to make it home unscathed . I am no spring chicken anymore and have learned from my "advanced years", to ride within my abilities. I am confident that with the CR'S info and guidance that we will leave there that day with a bigger palette of knowledge and riding ability. I have no problem being in any pond, being it the kiddy pond or beyond, as long as I am having fun and improving. I definitely don't want to be a rolling obstacle for other riders out there if in over my head.

03bueller

Control Rider
You couldn't have picked a better first event to come to!!! That just so happens to be the Air Fence fundraiser, so plan on staying late, hanging out, and getting to know everybody!! The N2 paddock tends to be one of the most friendly (from my experience) and most people will be able to answer any questions you have about how the day will go. Other then that just go out and ride your ride, the bump's that are unexpected are also the most fun, mainly because you're just doing you and not stressing and worrying about being "evaluated" (hint:they're always doing it whether you ask for it or not) Both of my bumps have been out of the blue, that made them all the more exciting!!!

m mears

You couldn't have picked a better first event to come to!!! That just so happens to be the Air Fence fundraiser, so plan on staying late, hanging out, and getting to know everybody!! The N2 paddock tends to be one of the most friendly (from my experience) and most people will be able to answer any questions you have about how the day will go. Other then that just go out and ride your ride, the bump's that are unexpected are also the most fun, mainly because you're just doing you and not stressing and worrying about being "evaluated" (hint:they're always doing it whether you ask for it or not) Both of my bumps have been out of the blue, that made them all the more exciting!!!
I know that from personal experience no matter what it is, when you feel someone is watching what your doing and feel pressure you are not your best. I am out there to have fun and learn. I'm not going to be concerned about that. Especially being a new track to me, and for that point, everyone else also with the new layout. Thanks for your response and looking forward to a memorable weekend.

vaard

Newbie here needing some info.I'm wanting to do the intro class at either the 7/18 or 7/19 at wampum pa.Will there be an intro class and do i have to do anything before either track day or just show up ? I basically understand the equipment and tech guidelines.Do i also have to somehow register before hand?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yes, you need to register for Intro. At the top of the home page, click on the "My Account" tab. Select new user, pick a user name/password and fill out the info. From there you can register for Intro., and, going forward, purchase a membership and track days. It's a separate registration from the forum.

Welcome to N2!