Now What

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Well, my season is over. Had a great time at VIR full last monday. Great times this year. Met alot of nice people. Met alot of fast people. Got the bump up to I, just when I was really starting to enjoy the B group and setting other bikes up to get them coming out of the turn. Completed some goals of riding as many different tracks as possible (NJMP lightning and thunderbolt, VIR north and full, BeaveRun, Summit main and jefferson, and even Road A). Still many more to cross off my list.

Poor lemondrop was good to me, though she popped a spark plug at Road A, she road hard and hugged every corner this year like she owned it.

Lemon Jr is in the making. It is amazing what 6 years can do to motorcycling technology!

Anyways, the Lemon Jr is pretty set, just need to get the suspension dialed in and the GPX wired up...

So now I am left with the "now what" syndrome of the off season....now more time getting prepped for the next trackday weekend...and ski season isnt here for another 2 months....guess I actually have to sit down and do.......work.......huh....that doesnt sound like fun......

anyways, thanks again all you NESBIANS and look forward to next season! See if i can get missus lemondrop out there....

Katie785

dirt bikes, ice bikes, indoor supermoto, road cycling and mountain bikes to name a few.. don't forget Road A in December and Jennings in January!!

crewnutz

i mountain bike until its too cold out, i MIGHT try to stick it out this winter and go more often but im not a fan of the cold!

other than that its all indoor supermoto for me........i even have an indoor flat track race in December and if it gets icey ill be doing some ice flat track as well!

besides real road racing, i enjoy riding in the winter on supermoto/flat track bikes more than i do road racing on short circuits

once you do it youre hooked

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
yea, I haven't taken the supermoto plunge yet. After realizing the addiction and $$'s that the road track does to me, I am not sure I want to go into that black hole

crewnutz

food for thought.......i spend less for an entire winter of indoor supermoto than i do for one race weekend

most indoor supermoto places only allow up to 150cc bikes

you can easily get a Honda CRF150F or Yamaha TTR125 already setup for supermoto for 1000-1500

i was running with the fast guys (top WERA and AMA Supermoto guys) about midway through the season and i only went through 2 sets of 125GP slicks that I get for free anyways (anyone can usually find sets for free at your local race weekend)

so basically my only costs were the track fee ($35) and fuel

its the cheapest fun you can have on 2 wheels and you can usually find something close to you or set something up if you get enough people togethor

edit: also you have an indoor track not too far from you, Allsports
i believe the track fee there is $45 and they run actual groups like NESBA does, the place I go is pretty much no holds barred race practice format :D

kd83

I ride quads through the winter, we got 40 miles of state trail less then half hour away so i spend most my time there. Last year a group of us rode when it was 25 degree's it was cold but a blast to ride with the trails iced over.