Numbers on a street bike...

Squidward

What do y'all savages use for numbers on a street bike? Good source non-adhesive vinyl numbers or something like that on the windscreen? Front only is cool, right?

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
You get the idea
Any one of these numbers are very easy to make out of painters tape

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
Even 2, 4, 8, 5, and 0 are not that hard with tape....I'd you use 1" wide tape and make digital looking numbers....

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I think the single digits aren't allowed. At least they didn't used to be. It'll be stated in the Riders' Manual if that's the case...

When I had a bike that did street and track duty, I got a white vinyl sheet and put the numbers on it. Then I taped it over the headlight. Easy to put on an off. Or, you could put numbers on the windscreen and just leave them on. They should be close to 6" tall, and in a contrasting color so they are easily readable by the corner workers.

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
Plus 1 on making the numbers look like digital numbers such as the numbers on a digital clock. I use plain masking tape on my bike since my bike is nearly the same color as blue painters tape. One inch wide as previously stated. You don't have to go crazy when it comes to your numbers. Just make sure that they can be easy read. I remember my first track day, the guy pitted across from me had the number 111 on his bike and it was just 3 pieces of masking tape. As an added bonus if you use masking/painters tape you can make the numbers bigger if necessary without much fuss. Just get tape that won't leave much or as residue if you are concerned about that kind of stuff. I like my residue because it helps me remember exactly how big and where to put the numbers.

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
There will be tape (in a couple colors) at every trackday I attend
Available to everyone that forgets, just use any of it when you come to tech and registration.

*please remember to bring your photo ID and safety gear with you to registration
**both days if you attending them both
***makes things go so much faster and stress free if we don't have to send you back to your pit to retrieve them

Kyle159

Gaffers tape is awesome! A little pricey but sticks well, resistant to speed and water. Comes off easy and leaves NO residue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eskimo

Slow guy on a fast bike
Easiest option for most bikes is to buy a cheap windscreen and get some nice vinyl numbers for it, and then just swap windscreens before a TD.

+1 on this - use your stock windscreen for the track day, and put your numbers on that. Keep the nice tinted one for the street. ;)

Squidward

I ordered a windscreen decal # from drippinwet

I think the single digits aren't allowed. At least they didn't used to be. It'll be stated in the Riders' Manual if that's the case...

When I had a bike that did street and track duty, I got a white vinyl sheet and put the numbers on it. Then I taped it over the headlight. Easy to put on an off. Or, you could put numbers on the windscreen and just leave them on. They should be close to 6" tall, and in a contrasting color so they are easily readable by the corner workers.

Squidward

I was looking at that, it's black like my ride too. Good for lights? I was worried about sticky residue...

Gaffers tape is awesome! A little pricey but sticks well, resistant to speed and water. Comes off easy and leaves NO residue.

rlong.us

Ron Long
Half the time they don't even check for numbers so I usually don't even rock them anymore. I write my name on painters tape and slap it on the tank in case I crash and they need to identify the body.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
They should be checking. Intro doesn't need them but the other 3 groups do. I've sent people back to get them and provided duct tape on many occasions :)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Kyle159

I was looking at that, it's black like my ride too. Good for lights? I was worried about sticky residue...

Great for lights! But, make sure you take your fuse out or your bulbs. You don't want them on all day as that would heat the tape up. That tape literally leaves nothing behind!

Squidward

Always have park lights on s1000rr, can pull fuses, but would have to tear shit apart to disco headlights... hopefully they don't get hot.

Great for lights! But, make sure you take your fuse out or your bulbs. You don't want them on all day as that would heat the tape up. That tape literally leaves nothing behind!