NY Safety Track 7/27 - MANY Thanks!

SalKhan

As always NESBA puts together a fantastic event! It was my first time on that track and after the second session it was hard to NOT love it. Just when you think you got a great line you find a faster/smoother one or follow someone who does. As always, the CR's were perfect. Double/Late Apexes will be haunting me for a while.

I've met him twice and I can't remember his name but thanks to the "A" rider with the copper/orange and black R6 who sold me his backup set of knee sliders late in the day. I almost thought I was going to have to take up sewing there for a sec. ;)

Please tell me it rained non-stop today and I didn't miss anything? PLEASE

Edit: Note to future participants: Choose your pit areas widely. It's on a *bit* of an incline for some reason. But that's just my observation and I'm in no way, shape, or form saying I mayhavegentlylaidmybikeoveronitssidetwicein30minuteswithnotascratchonitbutalmostdislocatedmyshouldertryingtosaveit. Not at all.

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
SalKhan;282683 wrote: Please tell me it rained non-stop today and I didn't miss anything? PLEASE
NOPE!!! No rain until 2pm then rained like Hell and then cleared back up!! Turned out to be a Great Day!!

Sorry! :haha:

SalKhan

ToddG;282713 wrote: NOPE!!! No rain until 2pm then rained like Hell and then cleared back up!! Turned out to be a Great Day!!

Sorry! :haha:
You better be lying, sir. Otherwise someone might be missing a chain next time around.

Son of a bitch...

:D

SalKhan

kappy1000;282726 wrote: You should have stayed. You were rolling great on Saturday!!:D
You are too kind sir! I guess the gamble to first-time slicks, a new steering damper, 14t sprocket, and quick turn throttle all at once paid off and I got lucky ;)

I'm really bummed but at the same time I'm 101% certain I'll use the rain credit soon and try to make up for it. I think next I need to try NJMP for the first time.

At this point I could say I'm a virgin and it would be believable...

... wait that came out wrong. :D