NY Saftey Track May 11th

Aprilia 417

jfmgsxr750;273331 wrote: 150 laps...............jeeezzzzuuuss!!!! That's fucking awesome!!! I am guessing I did a
total of maybe 12 laps and only got a feel for part of the track, on wet sat:( . I am kicking myself
for not doing more sessions. :doh: I can't wait too go back and get some damn DRY laps in
and get a feel for the whole damn track. That was a tease and only wetted my appetite for MORE!!!
Sunday afternoon was all sunshine and Todd G. created two groups A/I and B with half-hour sessions. Awesome. I also rode Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but skipped some of the Saturday and Sunday morning sessions too, not because of the track, but I had no rain gear to cover my leathers in the heaviest rain. Based on my mileage, I'm guessing I got in about 90 laps. But MoMan was definitely dialed in. Flag to flag every session. Not bad for an old man, :eek: lol.

moman

Ya I probably could have done closer to 200 if a day and a half wasn't in the wet. My young mind was telling me keep riding but my body was saying what the hell you doing old man:eek:

bigbird34

Hell yeah he was dialed in I was with him until.the straight then I had to catch up and start over in turn one. I have lots of video from the dry sessions I'll post this week

bigbird34

PJZOCC624;273135 wrote: Went well. The track flows really well. VERY technical and pretty slick. Ran counterclockwise which seems to be the safest route for now. No curbing, good runoff, lots of focal points to target fixate on. You will need to trust your reference points and brake makers! Focus focus focus! Temper your gusto because there isn't much bite to the track surface... my tires looked like street tires when I came off.

Double apexes, off cambers, chicanes, blind in, blind out... its a hoot!

Did I mention the slick surface? :D

This track will teach you a lot.
Couldn't imagine going over wheelie hill clockwise screw that lol. Gripin the wet was better than mid ohio I'm the morning

PJZOCC624

That hill is going to be North America's version of "The Mountain" at Caldwell Park. We're gonna need some photogs at NYST to capture the carnage coming off that hill...

:D

Hambone

noupf;273270 wrote: this track is located in the middle of nowhere. Closest town is Oneonta, maybe 10-15 minutes west on rt 23. Plenty of stuff there, big box retailers ( walmart ect ), food places, resaurants, a couple chain hotels and so on. Oh.......and it was my old college town.......plenty of other things to "see" at the bars :cool:
My old college town as well. Can't believe how things have changed. Definitely a lot more going on. I stopped by with a buddy of mine just to check it out and get a feel for the distance. The paddock will be an issue if there are 60-80 bikes. But it just opened and there are surely going to be improvements throughout the year.

mike574

2 more videos from Sunday

This was one of the first sessions in the dry spent most of the time trying to figure out what gear to be in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCyrG4iqiCU

Last session of the day following my friend Marc around, then I get black flaged, and get a talking to because of inside passing a control rider forgot your not allowed to do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CNXBnVK20s

I like this track reminds me of a bastard mix of Calaboggie and Barber, should be a great place when they finish the place, I can't wait for them to put the curbs in.

z064life

mike574;273360 wrote: 2 more videos from Sunday

This was one of the first sessions in the dry spent most of the time trying to figure out what gear to be in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCyrG4iqiCU

Last session of the day following my friend Marc around, then I get black flaged, and get a talking to because of inside passing a control rider forgot your not allowed to do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CNXBnVK20s

I like this track reminds me of a bastard mix of Calaboggie and Barber, should be a great place when they finish the place, I can't wait for them to put the curbs in.
In I group you can't pass ANYONE on the inside....

And you ignored Dion ~11:00 and didn't come in on that lap...or the next 3 after that....OUCH

i-Zapp

z064life;273362 wrote: In I group you can't pass ANYONE on the inside....

And you ignored Dion ~11:00 and didn't come in on that lap...or the next 3 after that....OUCH
... in "I" group you'll get black flagged for passing a control rider, PERIOD. happened to me my first nesba outing.

noupf

Does anyone else find the entrance to the track, being halfway down the front straight, to be a little dangerous? I only know NJMP, so i dont know what other track configs are like, but this seems a wee bit insane......no ?

codeblue69

Entrance to track

noupf;273383 wrote: Does anyone else find the entrance to the track, being halfway down the front straight, to be a little dangerous? I only know NJMP, so i dont know what other track configs are like, but this seems a wee bit insane......no ?
There isn't a blend line yet but the marshal did a great job getting people in and off.
There is plenty of room to se and get up to speed.

Same Guy

Aprilia 417;273285 wrote: Great event. Friday and Sunday afternoon were the highlights when the sun was out and the track was dry. I really enjoyed the track. For a new track, the accommodations were not that bad. People complaining about the paddock and bathrooms must not have been at Monticello or Calabogie when they first opened. At least this one has pavement. What people are missing is that the upper paddock is level and fully paved and available for use as future events attract larger groups. The track surface had much more grip than I expected, given that the surface is not as course as others. It was greasy in places on Friday, but by Sunday afternoon those greasy spots were gone.

The track management appears committed to continue to improve the amenities.
Is this the same Bruce who has the son Jacob ? If it is I just wanna say Thank You again !!!!! You guys made the day !

My friend Anthony did not make any arrangments for leathers thinking he could just rent them . Well no dice !!

After chatting with Bruce at the concession stand telling him about it he hooked Anthony up with his son Jacob who was not riding cuz he only had slicks with him

Jacob let Anthony borrow his leathers, gloves and boots. How freaking cool is that .

Just another fine example of how great this community is.

noupf

codeblue69;273385 wrote: There isn't a blend line yet but the marshal did a great job getting people in and off.
There is plenty of room to se and get up to speed.

thats a little more reassuring, lol

im so excited to use the left
side of my tires though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbird34

noupf;273383 wrote: Does anyone else find the entrance to the track, being halfway down the front straight, to be a little dangerous? I only know NJMP, so i dont know what other track configs are like, but this seems a wee bit insane......no ?
plenty of vision to see people entering and exiting,and the blend line isnt painted yet.

also here is a session of mine first time the groups were blended together
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYhhgHH_f3g&feature=youtu.be

Canali

Were there a bunch of rocks on the track in turns 4 - 6? Can't tell if that's just light spots in the pavement.

Chris

moman

Don't remember what turns but there were some small rocks on track. Someone was getting off the edge for sure. I do admit to taking out a cone or two with my knee but kept my tires on the asphalt:D
With any luck they will get the curbing in this year like they plan.

jfmgsxr750

A Choice

I am just thrilled to have another track in the area. I love NJMP but 2 years going to the same track
all the time gets kinda boring. The traffic and tolls and travel time getting there not to mention the"over
crowding" on the track were killing the joy of the day. I have no problem taking the time to learn this
track and like some one said...."using the left side of my tire"....LMAO. Having different types of tracks
in the area will make us all better riders. NJMP is fast and flowing, NYST is slow and technical and Pocono
Fusa is fast and flowing while the new East will be slow and technical. Viva la difference!!!

z064life

Its like that at other tracks (VIR South, and north to an extent, Putnam, etc)....Blend line is there for a reason and it isn't a race...

bigbird34

moman;273398 wrote: Don't remember what turns but there were some small rocks on track. Someone was getting off the edge for sure. I do admit to taking out a cone or two with my knee but kept my tires on the asphalt:D
With any luck they will get the curbing in this year like they plan.
i was behind you in turn 13 the left hander when you hit one of the cones lol