Nyst 6/15-16

murph146

Control Rider
Well so far the the weather looks great for this weekends adventures. Don't forget about the pot luck dinner on Saturday, EVERYONE WELCOME just bring some food and a chair of course (adult beverages optional) also bring your best I almost got you moment to share by the fire. Looking forward to seeing everyone there this weekend!!!

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
I just want to let all you weather watchers know that yesterday (Sunday 6/16/13) we only got a couple small rain drops all day at NYST!!! We ran all day including an hour of open track at the end of the day when we were down to only I Guys left!!

This weekend was spectacular!!! Weather was awesome and the paddock atmosphere was too!! I'd like to thank everyone that came to the Pot Luck dinner it was a Great Time!!

See everyone back in July!!
Todd

fitz

Thanks for a great weekend Todd, sorry to bail on you Sunday, I would have preferred your cussing then Patrick's imitation of a chicken when we said we were leaving though.

opinion914

Twas fun. I knew being my 1st time there i'd have a lot to learn and boy was I right. Started feeling the flow of the track after lunch. Two areas I'll need more focus on are coming out of T3 (keep running wide on exit and the bumps make that white line come up extra quick) and T15 (short of parking the bike, spinning it on the kickstand and getting back on, I have no idea how not to run wide and ruin the entrance to T16, and T17 as a result). You can also carry quite a bit of speed at T8 thru T11. Fun times. Should anyone be traveling back South via Rt. 42 and Rt. 28, and it happens to be a Saturday, between 5 and 9pm, grab a meal at Colonial Inn in Pine Hill. It's an (excellent) experience.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Really was a great event, Todd.

And I'm glad I unpacked the bike and geared up for running the track in REVERSE!!! It seems that NYST has it's own weather patterns (ala Beave). When I left, there were areas that had been soaked with rain.

Can't wait to get back!!

murph146

Control Rider
NYST was a blast this past weekend, everyone was riding great! NYST is definitely a track that when you go there for the first time let the track come to you and don't rush it. Learn the lines and flow and before you know it your dropping seconds instead of tenths. Big ups to both the I group and B guys everyone was riding great and really took the advise we were providing. Great job guys and girls!!!. I wish I could have worked with everyone this weekend but seeing short staffed and turning 467 mi. I was beat:( hit me up next time and we will spend sometime riding together. As always riding with the a group riders was a blast thanks guys. Now on to that dinner if you could't make it I'm sorry but thanks because that left more for me:) make sure to keep this tradition going because hanging with everyone on saterday night was priceless. Dion sorry hope your feeling better and don't forget things like that happen to the best of us, now at least you have a hill named after you:rolleyes: See everyone at the next event.....

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Lol. Yeah, "turn" 7 is now "Dion hill". And now there's also the term "pulling a Dion". But seriously, heal up dude.

I think his wallet's gonna hurt more than the knee.....

quicka2

You guys Rocked!
I had an awesome time this weekend riding with the B group. even with being short staff, I got good feed back and Was able to improve my riding quite a bit. thanks everyone for making such a great weekend, and the CR who worked their butts off making it happen, you guys are great!

Great people Great times, see you guys july 6&7th

yogi rr

Had another great weekend at NYST!!!!A big thanks to Todd and the whole Nesba crew !!!Dion hope your feeling better and are able to make it back for the next event!!

moman

It was a totally awesome weekend for me until the Beemer started clattering at lunch break. Sure wish I could have ridden the rest of the day, weather held out for us for sure. Did get a couple videos shot.
Hope you're doing well Dion and made it home without incident.
Big thanks to Todd, Murph, Ryan and Dion. Am I forgetting anyone?
Sure hoping I can make it back in July.

SnipeHunter

Control Rider
I'm able to walk without the crutches now. I'm feeling a lot better (physically, at least). I apologize for leaving us even shorter staffed. Ryan looked good wearing my shirt out there, though. It may be a while before I have a bike to ride. I really enjoy helping people on the track, so I hope to figure something out soon. Next time, I'll try to do a better job of explaining what not to do, without actually demonstrating how not to do it.

Dion

Rmcaninch600

Control Rider
SnipeHunter;277417 wrote: I'm able to walk without the crutches now. I'm feeling a lot better (physically, at least). I apologize for leaving us even shorter staffed. Ryan looked good wearing my shirt out there, though. It may be a while before I have a bike to ride. I really enjoy helping people on the track, so I hope to figure something out soon. Next time, I'll try to do a better job of explaining what not to do, without actually demonstrating how not to do it.

Dion
glad you're feeling better. no exuses on the bike though fix the hard parts and run it naked.:D

erichmond

Dion, sorry to hear about your incident. Wishing you and your bike a quick recovery and I hope you'll be able to work with me on my first visit to NYST on 7/28.

knut

Control Rider
SnipeHunter;277417 wrote: I'm able to walk without the crutches now. I'm feeling a lot better (physically, at least). I apologize for leaving us even shorter staffed. Ryan looked good wearing my shirt out there, though. It may be a while before I have a bike to ride. I really enjoy helping people on the track, so I hope to figure something out soon. Next time, I'll try to do a better job of explaining what not to do, without actually demonstrating how not to do it.

Dion
Speedy recovery and see you soon back on the track. :)
I'm sure you will be better and faster on the track after this. Trust me...

/Patrick