NYST 8/24 8/25: uptown or downtown?

vzhulin

I'm used to uptown, so hoping that's the case. But just curious if that's already set ahead of time, or if folks decide closer to the date...

Cheers!

vzhulin

Thanks! I remember hearing that until some of the run-off areas were finished up, they were going to stick to uptown - just wasn't sure if that happened yet.

SnipeHunter

Control Rider
UpTown

vzhulin;285293 wrote: I'm used to uptown, so hoping that's the case. But just curious if that's already set ahead of time, or if folks decide closer to the date...

Cheers!
We'll be running "UpTown" for the time being. I think it's a better direction to go until some changes are made in the run-off areas.

Dion

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
+1 to Dion.

Todd said he's not running clockwise until some major safety runoff issues are corrected.
Plus I think counter-clockwise is way more fun. We did clockwise for a session to test it, and there's too many decreasing radius turns in my opinion.

Sideshow Bob

This will my first ride with NESBA, and my first time at NYST, though I've been to Thunderbolt a bunch of times. Is there an orientation for new guys? Also, I'd like to hook up with someone to show me the way around so I don't get in anyones' way while I'm trying to figure things out. Does NESBA mark the turn ins and apexes like TPM does?
Thanks,
Jim

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
Sideshow Bob;285455 wrote: This will my first ride with NESBA, and my first time at NYST, though I've been to Thunderbolt a bunch of times. Is there an orientation for new guys? Also, I'd like to hook up with someone to show me the way around so I don't get in anyones' way while I'm trying to figure things out. Does NESBA mark the turn ins and apexes like TPM does?
Thanks,
Jim
Jim,

First, welcome to NESBA!

We will do a "B" riders meeting, but anyone that is new to us or the track is welcome to sit in on it. We give some detail about the track and how to ride it. There are brake markets, turn in cones, apex cones, and exit cones set up to help you.

I'll see you there!
Todd

kappy1000

Control Rider
Director
Jim,

I'll be there for the weekend and will be more than happy to tow you around. I'll get there Friday night and will pit at the top of the paddock by the old hanger. See you there.