NYST lap times....

noupf

Just curious, for those who have been to the track a few times. What are some respectable lap times in intermediate or advanced in both uptown ( counter clockwise ) and downtown ( clockwise ) directions.

Was told by a guy from another org that downtown around 1:45 was an upper I or lower A pace.....
uptown around 1:41 was an upper I or lower A pace...

Just curious what some of our NESBA guys are running.

ridelater

Record right now I think is a 1.31. Fast guys are telling me 32-35. I have been there twice and post a best of a 38. Running 39 to 43 all day and was getting schooled pretty good. This past weekend there. So that's my $0.02 worth.

noupf

ridelater;284288 wrote: Record right now I think is a 1.31. Fast guys are telling me 32-35. I have been there twice and post a best of a 38. Running 39 to 43 all day and was getting schooled pretty good. This past weekend there. So that's my $0.02 worth.
I assume you are talking about the counter clock wise direction ?

moman

I've only run it uptown and had some 39's. Problem is the way they send out the riders you are constantly catching up to people and hard to get a clean lap. Only 3, maybe 4 really good places to pass out of 18(15 depending on line) corners.

codeblue69

lap times.

Ive ran it with TPM, and Nesba all in I group. up town 1:43-1:45 in traffic you are on the fast end, Downtown 1:43 was my best chasing a control rider and he turned a 1:41. so I think A groups turn 1:38-1:43 pretty consitintly. Ive noticed the guys pumping out the same time lap after lap drop 1-2 seconds after coming back to the track a few times and have been moved to A...so putting 20mins of the same time lap after lap seems to work best there as long as it dosent ran.

z064life

codeblue69;284311 wrote: Ive ran it with TPM, and Nesba all in I group. up town 1:43-1:45 in traffic you are on the fast end, Downtown 1:43 was my best chasing a control rider and he turned a 1:41. so I think A groups turn 1:38-1:43 pretty consitintly. Ive noticed the guys pumping out the same time lap after lap drop 1-2 seconds after coming back to the track a few times and have been moved to A...so putting 20mins of the same time lap after lap seems to work best there as long as it dosent ran.
getting consistant lap times works everywhere.

1dwn5up

What ridelater said, guy pitted next to me on an R1 was doing 0:34's all weekend with a best of 0:32 he said.

Lap Record on Uptown is 1:31.14 - Marcelle Irnie (CBR1000)
Lap Record on Uptown is 1:32.51 Greg Nysk (GSXR-750)

Domiken

This past weekend with TPM fastest was 1:46.07 and I could definitely drop more, but I am still learning the R6. I run Intermediate with NESBA.

The best session I had was:
1st Lap - 1:49.11
2nd Lap- 1:48.22
3rd Lap - 1:46.27
4th Lap - 1:46.07

Official first lap not being counted (ignored in my lap timer).

Domiken

1dwn5up;284505 wrote: What ridelater said, guy pitted next to me on an R1 was doing 0:34's all weekend with a best of 0:32 he said.

Greg almost got there until the unfortunate happened.

D3D3A3A2-AC01-44ED-985C-3A1A7ABA7FE7-5288-0000030D4ECCE292_zpsec62563b.jpg

ridelater

Domiken;284840 wrote: Greg almost got there until the unfortunate happened.

D3D3A3A2-AC01-44ED-985C-3A1A7ABA7FE7-5288-0000030D4ECCE292_zpsec62563b.jpg
Not to sure what he was thinking that day. Group was packed and they had just got done with yelling at everybody in a afternoon riders meeting for being off line and not having a clue. Was a crash fest in the usual bad track day sense. Sure as shit first session after lunch that happened in T9/10. His bike made it up into the trees. The telephone game story I heard was a rider alter his line right before that section and caused him to go off. I'm glad he was alright its not safe to go off at that track right now.

Domiken

ridelater;284859 wrote: Not to sure what he was thinking that day. Group was packed and they had just got done with yelling at everybody in a afternoon riders meeting for being off line and not having a clue. Was a crash fest in the usual bad track day sense. Sure as shit first session after lunch that happened in T9/10. His bike made it up into the trees. The telephone game story I heard was a rider alter his line right before that section and caused him to go off. I'm glad he was alright its not safe to go off at that track right now.
Yes I know, I was there that day, it was crash city, but not in the Blue Group. Blue Group had no crashes until after the afternoon riders meeting, everyone else (Red, Yellow, White) was assigned a coach (every 3 riders) for the first session after lunch and we had to follow the coach with no passing allowed so people would learn the line. The red group was a disaster on Saturday, fresh people that have never been to this track not learning the line or asking for assistance, it made the day terrible as no one was predictable.

Sunday was a fun day though... probably the best day I've had at NYST, everyone was in line and taking calculated risks, barely any crashes.

nyskg

1dwn5up;284505 wrote: What ridelater said, guy pitted next to me on an R1 was doing 0:34's all weekend with a best of 0:32 he said.

I made a little adjustment on that time last weekend...it's 1.31.46 CCW(uptown) :D
clockwise(downtown) I did 1.33 something... got to check my laptimer...