NYST Turn 3

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
I completely agree, Murph. The bumps weren't even bad at all, so they just repave it. Awesome! It took Summit how many YEARS to respond to complaints and do a re-pave!? This is one of the reasons it's my favorite.

Now if they could just do something about the paddock......

jfmgsxr750

ninjamansc;288143 wrote: I completely agree, Murph. The bumps weren't even bad at all, so they just repave it. Awesome! It took Summit how many YEARS to respond to complaints and do a re-pave!? This is one of the reasons it's my favorite.

Now if they could just do something about the paddock......

I almost dropped my bike a few times in the paddock, you have to be very stragetic how you place your bike.
They have the room make that entire area bigger. I am glad they are on top of the track surface. Now how
about paving the entire road leading up to the track. Looking forward to the 2014 season!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
So, here's the total squid in me coming out:

Does NESBA run the configuration that you can wheelie/jump? Saw some dudes having sweet pictures getting some air. I want one too. :D

jfmgsxr750

Yes

Otto Man;294951 wrote: So, here's the total squid in me coming out:

Does NESBA run the configuration that you can wheelie/jump? Saw some dudes having sweet pictures getting some air. I want one too. :D

YESS......NESBA runs it mainly in the direction you speak of. The track has been run in the other direction with other
orgs ,I missed those days. I think it would be kinda hairy flying downhill into that tight downhill right turn. :wow: The
rest of the track would be fun in the other direction. Ok I wanna try it at least once.:eek:

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I was just wondering. I've never been there, and it's about an 8 hr drive for me. Just wanted to see if it'd be worth it for next year or not!

jfmgsxr750

Otto Man;294960 wrote: I was just wondering. I've never been there, and it's about an 8 hr drive for me. Just wanted to see if it'd be worth it for next year or not!
IMO........yes. It's a very technical track. The elevation changes are awesome. You will get a work out riding this track.
It's not a fast track, just very technical. I would recommend doing 2 days to make the 8 hr trip worthwhile!

betarace

I would concur. I have ridden almost every track on the schedule and consider it to be the best (better than barber even). Paddock isn't remotely close to even beaver run yet, let alone barber, but the track itself more than makes up for it. Word is improvements coming

Sideshow Bob

It would be nice if they worked on the run off areas a little. I haven't had a chance to try any of them personally, but I hear they're a little rough. :eek:

Gundamzeppelin

Sideshow Bob;295491 wrote: It would be nice if they worked on the run off areas a little. I haven't had a chance to try any of them personally, but I hear they're a little rough. :eek:
Little ruff is an understatement NEVER run off there, it will destroy your bike. I picked a bad line while trying to get around a slow 675 and paid the price for it.

sdog30

I've ridden it in both directions, wheelie hill is called the ski jump in the other direction. It didn't take long to get used to riding downtown, definitely enjoyed hitting that area as wheelie hill better, though. ;)

I also had a chance to ride turn 3 after the repairs, smooth as silk. So glad they took the bumps out. Your line will be fine.

I also had a low side at about 65 and tested the run off. I was fine and was able to get the bike back together and back out for a couple more sessions. Definitely a bit of a drop off at the edge of the track though. :haha: