Nyst?

ninjahunter420

Are there plans to add any NYST days? I live on Syracuse and was pumped that there was finally a close track. Didn't get to make it out last year because of weather and work... did I miss something?

NYST is having some legal troubles, I am also waiting for word about riding there again this year.. I live only 90 miles from the track, so I considerate it my home track.I have spoke to Victoria several times at NYST and she tells me all is a go for May 3rd and 4th for NYST member days, I plan on being there unless she tells me something different.Scott

JarvisB

Victoria also assured me that it is all a go considering I purchased their groupon 2 day deal. I opted to refund the cost considering I live in VA and cannot afford the possibility of being disallowed entry when I get to NYST.

I ended up spending that 200 on N2 elite membership :D If they do host a date at NYST and if all is well with NYST then I will be more than happy to register for those dates.

ninjahunter420

Thanks for the info. Hopefully they can get it straightened out. So I need to become an nyst member and purchase track days through them then? I have nesba credits from last year that need to used by middle of June. I was hoping to use them at nyst, but maybe I'll have to cancel my memorial day weekend plans and hit up beaverun.

N2 does not have any NYST on the schedule at this time, Either have to become an NYST member or there is one track org. who has 6 days on the NYST schedule..Go to nyst.com and llok at the event calendar..

leeeroyjenkins

NYST is running!!

I just got off the phone with NYST and they told me that they will definitely be running. However not with NESBA. Personally, I don't have an issue with just getting the membership. They actually just told me if you had a existing track day with NESBA at NYST that they will give you a basic membership for free which is definitely pretty sweet.

mpusch

Micah
leeeroyjenkins;303945 wrote: I just got off the phone with NYST and they told me that they will definitely be running. However not with NESBA. Personally, I don't have an issue with just getting the membership. They actually just told me if you had a existing track day with NESBA at NYST that they will give you a basic membership for free which is definitely pretty sweet.
I'd still take that at face value. There are two possible outcomes here: NYST is going to run, or it isn't going to run. Either way, they are going to say that everything is fine. Otherwise, if everything does turn out fine, but they told everyone that things aren't looking good, they won't have anyone attending anyways.

I'm going to wait until their first track day before I start making plans to go there. Really hope it works out though!

leeeroyjenkins;303945 wrote: I just got off the phone with NYST and they told me that they will definitely be running. However not with NESBA. Personally, I don't have an issue with just getting the membership. They actually just told me if you had a existing track day with NESBA at NYST that they will give you a basic membership for free which is definitely pretty sweet.
This is on their facebook homepage, Is this what you are talking about?

NYST - New York Safety Track

It’s unfortunate to see the NESBA name disappearing from the motorcycle community. As a small constribution, we are offering all NESBA members who are currently having trouble getting their funds back a FREE NYST Basic Membership for the 2014 season! Contact us on www.nyst.com or call us directly at 917 615 5355

I love the NYST, The ONLY problem I have with them is THIS!!! Seems they want track orgs. to run there but then run their own memebership days which in my mind undercuts ALL the track day orgs. It is hard for orgs. to make a profit or run at their track when they undercut them on price they charge for their own NYST days.... I think they have a VERY BAD BUSINESS moto..The old saying wanting the cake and eating it too....I could be wrong on my observation...

Trackdaynewb

Their whole business model relied on getting track day orgs to book days at a high rate, lock them in, and then hold them to that rate while they offered their own club days super cheap to the members of these orgs while they were at the track.
That's why no orgs are there any more.
It's also ironic that they posted that on FB when the rumors I heard indicated that they are one of the main contributing factors of what happened with NESBA. As I heard it, NESBA honored the original contract price and was deep into the 6 figures in the red.

PJZOCC624

Trackdaynewb;303978 wrote: Their whole business model relied on getting track day orgs to book days at a high rate, lock them in, and then hold them to that rate while they offered their own club days super cheap to the members of these orgs while they were at the track.
That's why no orgs are there any more.
I don't know that you're way off base, but this is certainly a reasonable conclusion to draw. NYST definitely was cannibalizing the track day orgs with their "member day" pricing, and what they were charging to rent the track was obscene, considering it was essentially an unfinished product. What it did to the ultimate fate of NESBA I would hesitate to speculate on. I'm sure it didn't help, but I can't imagine it was the end-all, be-all.

NYST got themselves in hot water with the town when they greatly deviated from their original business plan (2 to 3 days/week, 20-25 riders/drivers, bikes not to exceed 250cc, not open to the public, associating themselves with the MSF, etc. etc.), which is why you're seeing them almost exclusively doing member-only dates (they can keep the #s down to a manageable level). They have seriously pissed off the local township, specifically those with decision-making power. I also find it interesting that at one point Greg had stated that he was back living in Israel and was no longer associated with the decisions of the track, yet he is still integral with track operations. To me, it sounds like the track is doing everything they can to circumvent the town and rulings laid forth within. I wouldn't book a day with them and feel any sort of confidence that whatever dates are planned will actually take place. I sure as shit can't blame N2 for not dipping a toe in the deep end of that pool.

I really hope they figure out a way to keep the gates open. The track is a great layout, and the surface is state-of-the-art. They are motorcycle friendly, and are open to feedback and input from the 2-wheel orgs. The potential of the facility is tremendous.

I do not blame any orgs. for not booking days there, Hard to compete with the NYST member days for only 180.00 per day..I hope they get it figured out because it does have lots of great potential. They either have to let the track orgs run it or just stick with them running their own track-days which I believe is the direction they will choose when all the legal mess is fixed. I also believe $$$ talks and the track will run a whole season.. I will be enjoying N2 and NYST, The more options for us the better.

Gundamzeppelin

We'll see what happens in the coming months. If it go's off well I'll get in at least two track days if it go's under, I get a refund. What can you do.... Would be a shame though I've put a lot of work into my bike for this year.

Poper

Gundamzeppelin;304005 wrote: What can you do.... Would be a shame though I've put a lot of work into my bike for this year.
My friend, don't limit yourself to just one track. Average drive time for people is 5+ hours one way when going to the track. And besides, the more tracks you ride the faster/better rider you will become - I promise!

If you want to ride, find a way to RIDE!

Motofun352

Control Rider
Poper;304007 wrote: My friend, don't limit yourself to just one track. Average drive time for people is 5+ hours one way when going to the track. And besides, the more tracks you ride the faster/better rider you will become - I promise!

If you want to ride, find a way to RIDE!
+1 to what the Pope of Syracuse said! Variety is the spice of life, this is especially true for tracks.

murph146

Control Rider
Ninjahunter, There is a large group of us cuse guys that have been doing track days for some time now. Until NYST came along we all went to the beave! now Pitt Race, great track, great on site facilities, HOT showers with pressure and an a great pit atmosphere. There are only 2 weekends at Pitt Race this year with Nesba and only being 5.5 hours away with Todd G. driving it's not that far and actually a easy drive. Don't rule out Summit Point, with two tracks at the same location with different lay-outs you can double your pleasure. Here are some great tracks that you can use your credits towards plus if you are unsure about getting to these tracks just post up a ride share and i'm confident that someone from the area can help you get there. Live your dreams and enjoy life.. Murph

ninjahunter420

Thanks Murph. I actually went to an SED weekend with nesba at the beave a couple years ago. That's the only time I've made it out though. Learned a lot and had a blast. I'm planning on getting out at least a few times this year. Last year just didn't work out for me.

Sideshow Bob

NYST sure is making a lot off noise about being open next month. They're going to look like of stupid if they are not allowed to run, not to mention all the money that they encouraging people to send them. I hope they do open because it a cool track, but I'll be real surprised if they do. I'm also real glad I didn't give them any of my money because it's starting to smell a little sleazy.