Oak Tree Down!!!

noobinacan

I want to see the uprooted picture!!!

Its a freakin huge ass tree....It was only rain.
did VIR remote it so as to conform to some safety standard ??

"VIR Added Controversial New Curbs In An Effort To Get FIA (Car Racing) Grade Two Certification. But When Asked, FIA Has Approved Other U.S. Tracks With Curbs That Are More Bike-Friendly."

jcrich

noobinacan;279555 wrote: I want to see the uprooted picture!!!

Its a freakin huge ass tree....It was only rain.
did VIR remote it so as to conform to some safety standard ??

"VIR Added Controversial New Curbs In An Effort To Get FIA (Car Racing) Grade Two Certification. But When Asked, FIA Has Approved Other U.S. Tracks With Curbs That Are More Bike-Friendly."
I'll bet you don't believe men landed on the moon either. Amirite? :D

Quickone4u

jcrich;279560 wrote: I'll bet you don't believe men landed on the moon either. Amirite? :D
ooh ooh I want to play! What about JFK and 9/11?! :popcorn: In all seriousness though, I can completely see and believe how this could and did happen considering the size of the tree and its placement out in the open. Rain,wind and large trees don't mix well. They should have just duct taped it back in place. I'm going t be so screwed up coming into that corner now :D

bmrboy

My most favorite turn in the world .......... South coarse just won't be the same .......:confused: :agree:

Quickone4u

noobinacan;279580 wrote: Ah, my bad, I see now...
There was a 14mph wind gust which uprooted that tree!!

We'll make a believer out of you yet! Just wish we could use something else to do it with!

Quickone4u

dimitri;279603 wrote: I wonder what this means for the course. Will VIR remove the tire wall and armco?
I've been wondering the same since reading the news. Guess its going to depend on if they replant something there or not. Maybe move things back a few feet and replant wouldn't be bad. I sure hope they don't leave it bare though either way. May just be me but there will be some luster lost from that area without atleast something there.

Taylorr6

Sad to see the tree is no longer, however I think if they move the tire wall guard rail and corner worker station we will have a clearer view on approach. So I'm thinking it will knock off a couple of seconds per lap. :) also more grip in the morning and late afternoon. I guess we will see.

Quickone4u

Taylorr6;279606 wrote: Sad to see the tree is no longer, however I think if they move the tire wall guard rail and corner worker station we will have a clearer view on approach. So I'm thinking it will knock off a couple of seconds per lap. :) also more grip in the morning and late afternoon. I guess we will see.
That's true and along the lines of why I mentioned maybe moving things back a little for more room and view through the corner. Doing it that way I think would be the best of both worlds in that you can somewhat keep/regrow the iconic look and feel of the corner while improving it from a riding/racing point of view but what do I know!

bmrboy

Taylorr6;279606 wrote: Sad to see the tree is no longer, however I think if they move the tire wall guard rail and corner worker station we will have a clearer view on approach. So I'm thinking it will knock off a couple of seconds per lap. :) also more grip in the morning and late afternoon. I guess we will see.
OMG ................. He's lives .......................... :adore:

Taylorr6

Not much of a life but y'all make it goooood so I'll take. Now get a 750 and c'mon,tracks wait'n bro.
Poor tree. I unjacked the thread:).

Quickone4u

Taylorr6;279612 wrote: Not much of a life but y'all make it goooood so I'll take. Now get a 750 and c'mon,tracks wait'n bro.
Poor tree. I unjacked the thread:).
Haha that's right! We're in mourning here!

bmrboy

I remember the first time I rode under it's branch's ........ many a famous driver & rider has passed through here
before me ..... just made me smile ... :D Then it's time to light the after burners .... its launch time !!!! :wow:

Quickone4u

bmrboy;279619 wrote: I remember the first time I rode under it's branch's ........ many a fomous driver & rider has passed through here
before me ..... just made me smile ... :D Then it's time to light the after burners .... its launch time !!!! :wow:
Lol! Oh yes, that's where the throw down as long as you don't go down begins!

mjkuhno

meanstrk;279547 wrote:
download.jpg
Wow - the turn looks totally 'naked'!

noobinacan

now that we got the tree out of the way...
fix the pavement in that turn..and like Taylor said, clear it up...and fix the flipping gator curb too:popcorn:

zangman

Push the railing back about 10 feet would keep me from thinking about hitting my head against it. :doh: PLUS, a ton more grip through there to get the drive. Oh boy! :idea: But sad too. :(

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Maybe with all the money they are ace raping everyone, they can afford to put up some air fences instead