Observation

No this is not a waa waa post just an observation from this past Sunday at Putnam Park where I am sure a good time was had by most that attended.

Tech inspection is my concern, now I race WERA and enjoy my chosen sport, for that I have to undergo some pretty tight scrutiny, lower fairing removed etc but this weekend I have to say that the guy with the black hoodie did something i have never seen before.

He took hold of my clip-ons and pretty much wrenched on them so hard it almost lifted my front wheel off the ground and tipped me off the bike,,, now I thought what ever dood they aint gonna come off okay but he did this to a fellow rider also who I don’t know very well and managed to strain a thread.

Now is this typical for tech with NESBA? I have been a member for some time now and done several track days when I am not racing to get more practice on a track I want to get more familiar with.

Another thing, Nicole, you got a little bit faster Girl,, always fun hanging with ya

So there are my thoughts, maybe is is normal for a NESBA tech to do this but I have not seen this done anywhere else,, oh and for what it's worth I have been a control rider at several other events so I am not a beginner.

Hoping I am not sounding too much like a whiner but it bothered me.

See ya at the next one

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
Marty,

I've seen this done before and do it now myself. I hold the front brake lever and rock the machine forward. I also push down and out on the clip-ons. A number of reasons for all of this: If the front wheel doesn't stop but the lever is in action, something is wrong. If the front suspension bottoms out, something is wrong, and finally, if the clip-ons move something is wrong. I came in from a race last season and a clip on (throttle) was loose.

Some guys don't know their own strength, but I think that there is a reason for this drill. I always pay attention to the rider before doing this and be sure that I have a firm hold of the machine. I am sure that the CR that did your tech felt the same, but you may not have been prepared for it, as a lesson for me, in the future, I will say something to the rider to mitigate surprise.

hope this helps.

Meat

I have had mine tugged on at each NESBA event:eek: but it was nothing like what you described. They were firm but by no means too hard. Maybe the dude just had too much caffeine or really hated your bike.

Overzealous yankin'...nope hasn't happened to me.

hahaha Thats Funny :)

Yes maybe he didnt like the look of my bike :)

maybe it was faster than his hahaha

Had a good time never the less

If I see him at tech at any other time I will avoid him like the plague hahaha