October track days at putnam

rzguytexas

Does anyone know how the guy is that crashed on the front straight before turn one. I think it was on Sunday the 17 of October and was riding this. He was in the novice group with me. Was having Thanksgiving thoughts and hope all is well. Met him and his wife at the track and wonderful people as everyone was. Putnam was a wonderful track and NESBA is a great group. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and hope all is well with the fellow rider..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This was my scooter.

gkotlin

I haven't heard any additional details. He did have some rash. Not sure about other injuries. But nothing really terrible that I know of.

ceptorman

RZGUY, sorry I have no info, but I saw a RZ500 like yours in Greenfield Indiana a few weeks ago, about 20 miles east of Indy. Was it you? You just don't see many of these bikes on the street.

rzguytexas

The ambulance people thought he had a broken arm and finger. They were going to check for head and neck injuries. He seemed OK. If he is on the sight hope to hear from him and that all is well. Repeating myself the event was great, would love to do Barber with NESBA. To the other bike in Indiana was not me. Did vacationt at Barber Vintage weekend, then to Indiana to see family and a friend and Putnam worked in. Did a lot of riding in western Arkansas Qauchita National Forest and over to Rich Mountain.

rzguytexas

Thanks everyone it was a lot of work. While the engine was off I had time to rework the old girl. 1985 canadian model. FZR front end, YZF 600 rear, Wilburs rear shock, upgraded brakes, Michelin Pilot Powers, and Tommy Crawford expansion chambers.

Rydell

I was pitted close to you with the black 06 R6, blue truck. The medic said he had a broken arm, but he should be ok. I saw him sitting in the ambulance upright, but with his head down. I'm sure he wasn't in a good mood after that. He should be ok, though.

bugmn20

I was right behind this guy, maneuvering to pass him on the left when he crashed. I am not really sure how it happened. It looked nasty though and he rolled towards me causing me to go off the left side of the track at over 100. Thought for sure i was going town too, but somehow managed to get it back on the track, until his bike ran me off again right at turn 1. I have been thinking about it a lot and have prayed that he was ok. I didn't notice this thread until tonight so I'm glad to hear that his injuries seemed to be relatively minor. I heard that he walked himself to the ambulance, but having worked in EMS for several years, I've seen severely injured people walk themselves away from a scene. Adrenaline can do a lot for a person. Anyway, if anyone hears anything definitive about this guy I'd love to hear it. Wishing him the best in his recovery.