Off Season Go Karting League - Who's interested???

1up5down

Control Rider
So, the "off-season" is approaching and we all know how that can be, leaving us wanting a speed/thrill seeking activity to satisfy our track riding addiction.

I have the opportunity to organize an adult karting league (18 and older) were we can fill this need for speed void with some fun, friendly, challenging and competitive go kart racing!

Potential league structure:
1. One league race event held weekly in the evening, most likely from 6-8pm or 7-9pm on a Tuesday or Thursday night (TBD)
2. Championship series consisting of 6 – 8 league race events
3. League championship points would accumulate over each league race event

We anticipate offering prizes to the top three finishers for each league race event and to the Top Three Overall League Championship Finishers. More details around the championship points system and prizes at a later date.

A sneak peak at how each weekly league race event would go:
1. Practice session (To allow you the opportunity to get comfortable and feel the track out)
2. Qualifying session #1 (Ok, now start getting those hot lap in as we are close to the main event)
3. Qualifying session #2 (Your last opportunity to put it together before we go racing. Who is going to get Pole?)
4. Main event race, grid position/staging determined based upon the fastest individual qualifying time (It’s time to put up or shut up!)

Final structure to be determined and shared with everyone once we have a better account for the amount of league racers

Cost:
TBD as I'm still negotiating this with the various karting facilities. However, I will say that the more league racers/members the less it will cost us. If we get a good amount if interest there is the possibilities of creating multiple leagues which would also lower the fees structure.

I’m talking to a few karting facilities within the PA/DE/NJ and NYC area. Below are the towns each facility is located. The final location will be determine based upon the amount response for the most desired location and track availability.
A. South Jersey (Cinnaminson)
B. Suburbs of Philly (Horsham)
C. North Jersey (Jersey City)

Action Requested:

If you are seriously interested (meaning you have the $$ and permission from the boss), please respond by sending a PM with:

1. Your name and best way to contact you
2. Letting me know what site location you would be able participate in. If more than one location can/will work for you, please state those locations and your preference as to which one location works best
3. What evening Tuesday or Thursday will not
fit with your schedule, if both please state such

Thanks,

Allen

1up5down

Control Rider
SpeedTriple;257760 wrote: also maybe consider

http://www.lehighvalleygrandprix.com/
Looks like a great place, unfortunately it's outside my geography.

HokieRider;257779 wrote:
If you were doin it down here in VA id be in!
Allsports GP in would be a great location, just outside on my geography. You might be able to get something together for those in your area.

Sorry what I'm looking to do isn't closer to you.

1up5down

Control Rider
I heard from a couple of individudals who are intertesed. However, I'm still looking to see if there is any additional intertest. We would most likely begin the league after the Holidays.