Off Season Preparation...???

DUG

What is everyone doing to prepare for this year?
-Bike builds?
-Physical fitness?
-Watching TV?
-Serving jail time?
-Watching TV while serving jail time? (it happens)

I did seals/suspension refresh, all the usual maintenance... was gonna add some power goodies (exhaust, PC, etc)... But decided to loose 40lbs. instead. No jail time yet.

:squid:

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Frame up rebuild of the bike (getting some bling)
Trying to loose 60lbs by the beginning of the season, 32 down so far

prplppleatr239

I'm working to improve mind, body, and bike.

For the mind part, I've been playing racing games in first person camera, and focusing on looking ahead. It seems to be helping.

For the body part, I started eating healthier and exercising. Down 10 lbs since December, and feel a lot better too. I want to improve my endurance to the point I can ride a full day, in the heat, and complete every session. Couldn't do that last year.

For the bike, I finally got new rearsets. We'll see how much of a difference that makes, I haven't put them on yet. I also plan on safety wiring and changing out my coolant.

Also, I got a new suit, that fits a lot better with a chest and back protector than the old one. I started breaking it in by putting all of my gear on, then sitting on the bike and making vrooming noises. Seems great so far!

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Thanks for making me feel bad emerson. and congrats on your drop, that's impressive!

Haha, just trying to give my little R6 a fighting chance against all you sub 200 pounders.. Thank you brother, only thing that sucks is that the new suit that I bought last year no longer fits me...

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Haha, just trying to give my little R6 a fighting chance against all you sub 200 pounders.. Thank you brother, only thing that sucks is that the new suit that I bought last year no longer fits me...
You should have kept your 750

DUG

NICE....... I went from 238 lbs to 196 since last September, have another 16 to go before March. Easily conceptualized, difficultly executed.

Same story as Emerson, thought the bike was gonna puke hauling my fat a$$ around. Cheapest performance MOD.

And since I'm hallucinating from hunger, lets just hope no Girl Scouts show up at my place. If one does she'll win the trip to Washington this year.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Umm...new bike. And helmet. And gloves. And boots. Still can't do a pushup since my crash in Oct. Oh well.

DUG

Push-ups are best left to others... As far as Im concerned they are all spoken for.

Quotes519-600x374.jpg

Pseudolus

Push-ups are best left to others... As far as Im concerned they are all spoken for.

Maybe 3 days ago, I pledged I would start getting back into shape after a few injuries kept me inactive these last 4 months. I said I would start by doing 50 push ups each and every morning. I woke up, dropped to the ground and did 5, and thought "this shit is boring." I'm still searching for a plan....

DUG

I totally hear you on that one... the only plan you have to have, is just to have "some kinda plan". (I'm pretty sure I'm quoting someone here?")

And I'll say that its tough.... Those lbs. sure don't come off like they did when I was 19, 21, 25, or even 30............WTF!!!

03bueller

Control Rider
Taking my stock 13 675R and putting a bunch of goodies on it, started working on losing weight again, goal is to get from 225 to 190ish, here's hoping!!!

The Avidmoto

Bike: coolant flush, brakes flush, clutch flush, oil change, quick shifter, repair, refinish and repack exhaust can, dyno tune.
Me: Continue with P90X rounds and concentrating on even more core and lower body strength.
Media & mind: Youtube, old races, visualizing body positioning and getting convincing myself that I can get back on the throttle sooner.

thesnowgod

New lid (crashed my old one), buy chest protector and debating on laying down a fresh paintjob. Prettying up other peoples bikes now has me thinking mine looks shabby. :)