Off Season Preparation...???

Goldie

I've been doing a lot of pounding in the off season. The ole lady loves my off season preparations and pounding events. I reckon I'll get some more of her pound cake tonight... :)

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
I've been doing a lot of pounding in the off season. The ole lady loves my off season preparations and pounding events. I reckon I'll get some more of her pound cake tonight... :)
This could have gone a whole different direction!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
3000-5000 meters of rowing daily 5x a week..averaging 22k meters a week at a 2:00/500 meter pace

Where are you located? You in warmer weather and on the water, or on an erg? I alternate between 2k and 6k pieces on my erg.

G2G

Had my hip replaced the week of Thanksgiving. Waited till the end of racing season to have it done and I should be good to go to race in the spring. Wanted to make sure I was clear to race for Pikes Peak again this year.

physicistkev

Control Rider
The new wrist is still questionable. Feels ok, still mildly painful, in the gym and tooling around the neighborhood, but breaking for corners and hanging off the bike is hard to replicate in the off season. I am hopeful that as I get going the muscles and soft tissue will work itself out.

I am working on maintaining my middle aged tech nerd body the way it is, thank you very much....

The bike is getting a Penske rear, thanks DZUM, and some fork work. Need to get a strange electrical problem squared away. Taking it up to Markbilt on Monday for the suspension/chassis work. The electrical one is on me.

Trying to figure out if I want to move away from Dunlop slicks or stay with them.

Oh, and I must be in bazaaro world. I see a CR moniker next to AJ's name.

physicistkev

Control Rider
Aj, you may not be the fastest guy out there, but you are certainly one of the smoothest. A lot of people can/need to learn that.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Aj, you may not be the fastest guy out there, but you are certainly one of the smoothest. A lot of people can/need to learn that.
Thanks Kev. Definitely a big compliment coming from you man. Not sure I will EVER be the FASTEST guy out there ;-) Always trying to be smooth though.

Southerly

My off season preparation has involved riding the motorcycle to work as often as possible. At least it keeps my knees somewhat flexible. I did do a sit up as well.

I have also swapped out the rather battered can on my bike for a Two Brothers one. Now I need to find somewhere in the Atlanta area that I can get in on a Dyno and tuned properly for the modified exhaust. I called Marietta Motorsports, but they won't do it. Anybody know of another shop that might be able to help?