Order of precedence

angel

Since I'm still deployed I have some cash stashed and I want to build a track bike when I get home which happens to be soon. The bike is a 08 ZX6R up to date in maintenance. I already have some track bodywork and some clip ons. I am running at a fast I group pace with other orgs. What do you guys and gals suggest I do to maximize performance. I'm not looking to go all out on it. Just want better braking and maybe even better suspension. Help me out! :)

-Angel

Ruhe52

Do lines up front and get suspension worked. IE Spring and valved for you all the way to front carts and a shock.

Could be done and leave plenty of coin for track days.

Thanks for your service. Come on out when your back!!!!!!!!!!!!

angel

Ruhe52;273957 wrote: Do lines up front and get suspension worked. IE Spring and valved for you all the way to front carts and a shock.

Could be done and leave plenty of coin for track days.

Thanks for your service. Come on out when your back!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you bring up suspension, who has the best prices? I've checked out race tech and they seem pretty reasonable. As far as pads? any suggestions?

matt2212

Veserah SRGL XX

You have to look at suspension as a package, sales, service and support and installation trump the cheapest price in my book.

Some guy in the Internet isn't going to pick up his phone on a Sunday while you have a problem with setup at a track day and help you through it...

Call chuck at performance cycleworks
http://www.performancecycleworx.com/

You won't regret it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
matt2212;273964 wrote: Veserah SRGL XX

You have to look at suspension as a package, sales, service and support and installation trump the cheapest price in my book.

Some guy in the Internet isn't going to pick up his phone on a Sunday while you have a problem with setup at a track day and help you through it...

Call chuck at performance cycleworks
http://www.performancecycleworx.com/

You won't regret it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Vesrah XX pads are great TRACK pads. I just want to make that clear, as I don't know if your bike pulls double duty or not.

They won't work worth a damn on the street. You'll never get them hot enough.

Just so happens, I have a set of used Vesrah XX pads off my old Kawi that'll fit yours. They are in like-new condition. Do some google reviewing to see if they sound alright to you, and if you're interested, I'd sell mine for $160 shipped. They are about $240-$250 new.

With some SS brake lines and the XX pads in, that will be about 80% of the braking force you'd get from a $$$ Brembo M/C and caliper set up. The stock Nissin M/C and calipers are great units.

As for suspension, I'd just have Chuck from PC set it up for you and ride it. Aftermarket suspension would be awesome, but that buys a LOT of track days. Especially coming off deployment, you're basically going to have to learn how to ride all over again. It took me a LONG time to get comfortable after being gone for a year. You ARE NOT as fast as you remember yourself. Take it easy the first couple of track days to get back into the groove before pushing yourself.

Nothing would be crappier than dumping your bike on your very first track day after deployment.

angel

Yeah I had thought about bumping myself down to the intro level and sitting through some classes again. I even considered doing the cornerspeed class. I'm aware of track pads. My bike will not see the street ever again. at least not on my hands. I'll give chuck a call and see what he can do for me.