Paint job

Ruhe52

Just send it to Andrew Swenson in VA packed right shipping around $50ish and you cannot go wrong with the work he does. Anything else you are just settling.

Meat

:agree:

He does phenomenal work and you can set everything up over the phone. He is and artist by education and trade and is a very skilled craftsman.

D-Swens

some guy #2;251305 wrote: How are you shipping BW for only $50?
My business is pretty much set up around shipping in and shipping out. I ship $ XX,XXX.00 with FedEx every year, so I pass my discounts along to my clients to make the whole process cheaper/easier. If you use the EXACT right size box, it is big enough to safely fit a set of bodywork with bubble-wrap and padding, yet just small enough to fit under the "oversized" package charge which adds a TON to the shipping price.

Shipping runs about $50 - $65 most places on the eastern half of the US, and out to Cali runs in the $80 - $100.

Insurance can add $10 - $20 if you want to make sure your new baby is completely taken care of for a $2k value.

I can also ship via greyhound bus lines for really cheap (like $30 - $40 all over the place). You just have to pick the box up from your closest bus station. Make sure you are well armed:p

z064life

Andrew,

You do great work (I've seen several of your bikes). Correct me if I'm wrong, but your price is in the $1200 range for a bike??

Meat

z064life;252415 wrote: Andrew,

You do great work (I've seen several of your bikes). Correct me if I'm wrong, but your price is in the $1200 range for a bike??
I will let Andrew officially address this but his prices are about half of what you are guessing.

z064life

well damn I guess I misheard......thankfully I haven't ordered my new bodywork or had my current stuff redone yet :D

I've sent him a PM

Ruhe52

He can do a $1200 paint job hell he can do a paint job that costs more I have heard, but he can also get down and dirty to a reasonable price point
for ya.

D-Swens

z064life;252415 wrote: Andrew,

That probably involved a nice paint job AND the price of new bodywork!

Being a full "custom" shop, the price of every job is a little different, and always priced by the complexity of the job. I start out as low as the $375 - $450 range for really simple stuff, and the $500 - $750 (either end) gets you something pretty awesome, prob as good as or better than most AMA factory stuff, and $650+ should steal the show at most race/track events.

I do more high-end custom stuff for the $1000+ range, not as often on track bikes. Street bikes generally start out at $1k, and I do full on custom show pieces, museum quality restorations, and all that stuff for...

So in short, there is wide range of pricing, to try and get you the best bang for your buck and fit all budgetary needs.

I'll respond to your PM with some good info shortly, thanks!

D-Swens

Meat;252419 wrote: I will let Andrew officially address this but his prices are about half of what you are guessing.
Ruhe52;252423 wrote:
He can do a $1200 paint job hell he can do a paint job that costs more I have heard, but he can also get down and dirty to a reasonable price point
for ya.
Thanks gentlemen! ...:p I guess drinks are on me next time we are at the track!

z064life

D-Swens;252427 wrote: That probably involved a nice paint job AND the price of new bodywork!

Being a full "custom" shop, the price of every job is a little different, and always priced by the complexity of the job. I start out as low as the $375 - $450 range for really simple stuff, and the $500 - $750 (either end) gets you something pretty awesome, prob as good as or better than most AMA factory stuff, and $650+ should steal the show at most race/track events.

I do more high-end custom stuff for the $1000+ range, not as often on track bikes. Street bikes generally start out at $1k, and I do full on custom show pieces, museum quality restorations, and all that stuff for...

So in short, there is wide range of pricing, to try and get you the best bang for your buck and fit all budgetary needs.

I'll respond to your PM with some good info shortly, thanks!
Sounds great. I went ahead and emailed you the scheme