Past due from VA. 1st TD was VIR N. 6/3/12

VAbeachspeedy

Hello and good day to all,

It has been almost five months to the day, and I am just now getting around to getting back to NESBA and the forum to give thanks for such an AWESOME experience!!! The third of June, 2012, was a magnificent day for me and one of which will be remembered in my mind, clear as day, for eternity. It was only until last year that I became aware of track days and the supreme advantages of riding on the track (only way to safely go fast!) So after a solid winter of prepping and looking forward to VIR, on June 3, 2012 I finally made to the track with my older carbed '00 GSX-R600. The year before, I went to a few CCS races (one at VIR N. and one at NJMP Thunderbolt). I became familiar with pit set-up and the fellowship involved with the M/C track environment. I became aware at that time that the track is the place for me:) Blah. Blah. Blah. My track day was awesome!

I have to say...I know it has been way long ago...but thanks to all of the friendly tech inspectors and control riders. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into on the track, but it all worked greatly after one or two sessions to get the flow of operations understood. One thing that I feel that really gave me a big bump start was reading a book on high performance sport bike riding technique. I started street riding on a modified XR600, so sport bike riding was new to me. Of all the things I have learned over the years, MOST OF MY SKILL LEARNED AND PRACTICED CAME FROM THIS BOOK ---> "Sport Riding Techniques: How To Develop Real World Skills for Speed, Safety, and Confidence on the Street and Track". I highly recommend it to any new rider, anyone that knows a new rider, or even any skilled rider looking for insight/different POV on riding procedure.. Also, WOW! I never knew my Q2's were able to turn into/melt like a race tire! :p From what I felt, it just take about 1.5 - 2 laps and they're sticky, good to go...right???

I really impressed myself with my ability...almost to the point of being mad that I had not been to the track before this! HAHA.
MAN! That front stretch is something else: come out of 17 hot out of 3rd, slap it through 4th & 5th, then @ 140, set up a bit... hang, start to turn, and best of all for my bike, slap it into 6th nice and gently as your leaned over going right through the apex under the tree, only to come out @ roughly 150 preparing to jam the brakes for 1's entry!!!!! INDESCRIBABLE FEELING...although I just tried.

Long story short : I'm probably here to stay. Hello from Virginia Beach. I have since began looking at the bike market in a whole new scary way. ya know.."Hmmm....that would probably be excellent on the track..."

Sincerely, thanks to everyone for participating and providing in such a great sport/recreation.
-Bobby C.

Feed back is greatly appreciated.

Furthermore here is a link to my 5th session when I started becoming familiar with my bike, the track pace, and the track itself.
Lengthy but Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CIyJ3S_gdQ

JerryC

She started life as a 2007 XBCityX, she was totaled after a car turned left in front of me. I took part of the insurance check and bought her back, changed the tail section, and added Firebolt bodywork. She is the not fastest out there, but she is a ton of fun! RC51, very good choice!

VAbeachspeedy

work in progress

DSC00649.jpg

JerryC

Nice project, I think you gain a greater understanding of your machine, when you build, and maintain her yourself.

Wawazat

You look good out there! Great track choice! I like the music selection as well. :)

Only suggestion I would make is to get your body set up for the turns earlier. You were moving your butt over after you already started leaning the bike in the first lap or so. (I only saw a few minutes of the vid.)