Patriot Pains!

Godfather

Ouch, ouch, ouch,
My legs are hurting and I cant move my wrists. This was the most fun I've had in a long time with my pants on!

Due to a family emergency in Italy I had to leave VIR Sunday night and miss Monday's full course. Thanks to the CR's (Todd, Dennis, and the crazy skinny guy) for showing me the fast way around the short track. I was really hoping for a bump to the "I" league. Todd, Dennis, and anybody else that might be listening, The GODFATHER on the Black and Silver BMW would like a bump! How Bout It!

Mike "GODFATHER" Beard
#67 BMW R1150R

trickyricky

Nice to meet you Mike! We got to talk briefly along with John over on the North paddock before you had to leave! Nice to see you wrestle that BMW around :D

Patriot showed me just how much I'm out of shape :doh:

DFlowe

My legs hurt too. Thank goodness for Aleve...otherwise I might have a little trouble walking normally today.

Mike: you were riding well...we'll be watching you.

By the way, "the crazy skinny guy" you mention has to be Taylor (I've nicknamed him Swift Taylor); he keeps us all laughing all the time.

Godfather

Ricardo, I'm glad that you guys had a good time Monday. John said it was a blast. I can't wait till next year.

Mike "Godfather" Beard
#67 BMW R1150R

Lava

Just wanted to say I had an AWESOME time on Patriot. Thanks to the cool CR's for showing me the line and helping me push it up a notch. Can't wait to do it agian.

DFlowe

Patriot was on Sunday and its Wednesday now...my legs (particularly the right one) are still sore. I guess the "Patriot Pains" are a real phenomenon.

That little course does give you a workout,

matt2212

to the godfather,
you ride well but maby if you followed the rules, didnt pass in the outside of turns when slower traffic was holding others up and did'nt pass controll riders before they wave you past you would get bumped. i watched a cr shake his head at you for passing him when he was trying to controol traffic, you also passed on the outside of the downhill turn section when other fast riders where following the rules and waiting for the straights and the cr's to wave them past.

Godfather

Hey Lava, I think the best session of the day for me was when I was trailing you. Im glad you dont have the extra 20 horsepower that you want! otherwise you would have been gone. I look fwd to hooking up with you again sometime.

Respectfully
Mike Godfather Beard

Lava

^ yea that was a lot of fun. My right knee puck was shot after that one. I'll fine more power at some point. Not having the power of the newer bikes did force me to carry more speed through the corner and get on the throttle much earlier and brake much later; so I guess that it's forcing me to ride better.

jimgl3

i know this is side stepping a bit, but when it comes to leg pain, i haven't felt anything like Tally! you are full on your left leg almost all day! first session nearly killed me. muscle "pump" got me through the rest of the day, then couldn't walk up or down stairs for nearly three days! :doh:

Godfather

Jim,
I read that Patriot was tough on the legs, but you know how it is with most people, they (me included) think that they are in shape! I run 3X a week but,,,,I wasnt ready for that work out.
I have only been to VIR, but I would like to try other tracks, especially Barbers.

Respectfully
Mike