Penske 8981 Rear Shock

jasonhise

Selling my Penske 8981 rear shock w/ remote reservoir. No damage, just removed from my 06 ZX-10R track bike prior to selling it stock. Serviced late 2013 by Traxxion Dynamics, it is set for a rider 175 lbs fully geared. I have all documentation of service and will be included. I literally did 1.5 track days at Roebling after servicing and it was great. Includes an extra heavier spring to accommodate a rider up to 215 lbs. I will also include the mounting system which was a bracket, rubber spacers and adjustable clamps. I am not sure what other bikes it will fit on, but Penske or a reputable suspension shop may be able to assist you getting whatever adapters you might need. I would assume spacers would be the extent of it. Asking $400 shipped to the lower 48. (757)470-zero zero five three is the cell. I also added some info about the shock below. It was the predecessor to the 8983 rear shock.

Jason

“The 8981 is a double adjustable with a single compression damping knob with 6 positions of adjustment. It works very well. They discontinued making it in August of 2007 and replaced it with the 8983. Still plenty of parts available for any service required. Actually, no different parts are needed to service these shocks compared to the other ones. Only the compression adjuster mechanism and reservoir can are different compared to the 8983. The double adjustable 8981 or 8983 compression damping adjuster affects low-speed damping primarily.”