Penske 8987 Triple Clicker Rear Shock in AMA Spec for 06-13 Yamaha R6

mikdivad

Top of the line AMA-spec Penske 8987 Rear Shock for 06-13 Yamaha R6R. This is the same rear shock setup that Jake Gagne used to achieve his 2nd place finish at Daytona this year. The AMA-spec includes a special VB piston, negative spring, and unique valving that makes this Penske shock more precise yet compliant in many different conditions (Unlike the highly finicky Ohlins shocks).

Comes with a 525 lb. spring, setup for 160-190 lb. rider. It was last serviced by Scotty Ryan @ Trackside Suspension & Engineering in August 2013, and only used for two track days after that, so it is fresh. Never been involved in a crash, so you can be assured its not damaged or tweaked. Retails for $1100 new.

In my 12 years of track riding and racing, I've tried all the major brands of rear shocks. In my humble opinion, Penske makes the best rear shock for the Yamaha R6 that works great for the club racer/track day warrior that doesn't have an Ohlins truck with four suspension tuners at his or her beckon call. Don't get me wrong, Ohlins shocks are awesome IF you can get it precisely setup for the track conditions, temperature, and tire compound. But let's be real... most of don't and never will have that at our disposal. This shock just works everywhere and you'll be amazed at how much better your rear traction gets when you mount this on your R6 and get a ballpark setup.

PRICE: $925 + shipping

penske1.jpg

penske2.jpg