Pitt Full Video Thread

HavocCat

Chris
I'll start the madness. I took some videos. They are mostly all up as of the time of this posting with the exception of Session 7 which has about 20 minutes more.

Here's session 6!

I should add: Overall, I'm decently happy with this camera angle, however I wish I would have had it tilted up just a tiny bit more. I was pleasantly surprised with how stable these videos turned out.

mpusch

Micah
I'll try and scrape a few laps together and put them up. Looking at your video and the new angle I did at the front of the bike, I was also surprised at the stability as well as the lack of wind noise. Really impressive.

Man, trackday withdrawal is tough.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I'll start the madness. I took some videos. They are mostly all up as of the time of this posting with the exception of Session 7 which has about 20 minutes more.

Here's session 6!

I should add: Overall, I'm decently happy with this camera angle, however I wish I would have had it tilted up just a tiny bit more. I was pleasantly surprised with how stable these videos turned out.

That's a pretty damned good video. I think it would be a great example video to show to very new Novice riders to show just how much we move around on the bike during a lap, body position, and how efficient hand throttle/brake movement is for running a fast lap.

Well done!

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Looks like someone is getting some sponsorship money from GoPro!! :D

Great video Chris! I actually really like using the camera at angles like this. It really shows what you are doing with your body and controls. Something to notice is how little "steering" input there is into the bars. You are really using your body and especially your head to help steer the bike. Looking great!!

HavocCat

Chris
Thanks for the input everyone!

In case anyone wondered, the guy that had the front brake lockup in session 5, I just barely missed catching it on camera, all you can see is dust cloud after I got passed him.

mpusch

Micah
Here's day 2, session 7 for me. For me it was the most fun (and "fastest") session of the weekend. It just uploaded, so HD might not be available yet.

mpusch

Micah
Since you showed me yours, here's mine. AJ, waiting on yours too as I think you had me from behind :eek:.

You were lining up mostly front left in :i: right? Mixed it up with you (aka, was passed by you :D) a few times over the weekend. Was fun riding with you!

HavocCat

Chris
So, I'm impressed with go pro.

If you look just to the left of the bigger vein in my neck from like 8:01 to like 8:06, you can see my carotid pulse.

tdelegram

Control Rider
You were lining up mostly front left in :i: right? Mixed it up with you (aka, was passed by you :D) a few times over the weekend. Was fun riding with you!
Yes on Sunday, Saturday I was in the middle and right lane as I wasn't sure where I belonged, turns out it was in the novice group! I remember a few 675's out there both days and they were all moving good.

mpusch

Micah
Yes on Sunday, Saturday I was in the middle and right lane as I wasn't sure where I belonged, turns out it was in the novice group! I remember a few 675's out there both days and they were all moving good.

Per the video I posted earlier, you lined up right in front of me in the last session of the second day. Too bad we got split up.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Also, something else I wanted to make people aware of. If you see yourself on video and have any questions or would like some feedback, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I would be more than happy to chat. We don't always get time to communicate with everyone we see out there and the video can be helpful. Learning doesn't end at the track. :)

mpusch

Micah
AJ, looks like you had a bit of a fun time there on the front straight in session 5 :D

The video below @ 9:50-10:00 captures my first tankslapper (code brown!) and corresponding lack of brakes going into T1. Fortunately I knew enough to pump them brakes! I realized that I had too much weight on my wrists, and by lightening up on them I didn't have an issue the rest of the weekend.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
AJ, looks like you had a bit of a fun time there on the front straight in session 5 :D

Haha!! I was wondering if someone was going to notice that

Yeah, I came out of the last turn and was driving through the kink onto the straight and I missed an upshift. I turn to look behind me and I had a couple of riders coming up on me quick. I was trying to make sure I got out of their way. I waved them by and as I turned back around I realized I had drifted a little too far right!! Perfect example of the fact that we as CR's drift to the right when we look behind us.

rhill

quick video of the last session sunday....adapting to the new 750 slowed me down slightly, seem to be coasting way more than when I was on the 600. Also having issues with mid-corner front end chatter and then the bike started missing going through the kink as well. Have a bunch more video that I'll be going through, editing and uploading. Overall great weekend! Hope to get those issues sorted out and get back on track soon.

yzfr6casey

Here's session 6!

Nice, i like your view better. Looks like you have a taller mount?