Pitt Race September 16, 17

Louber

I am hoping that's the case. I already wear a chest and full back protector, so I don't want to turn into a big marshmallow.

Very interested in the Hit Air vest. Interested in your impressions after you use it for a day.

I'll be at PIRC that Saturday, maybe we can meet up. Yellow CBR600F4i #143.

chrisplm

Chris
I've been wearing one for a couple years now. The racer model with the tether in the back. Luckily I haven't truly "Tested" it yet, but I have heard good things.
Only complaints I have are it isn't very adjustable for bigger guys. I'm not that big myself, but I have it completely expanded, and there is no extra room. (wear a 46/56 suit)
If you take out the back protector that comes on it, it helps. My friend bought an expansion zipper for it which helped as well. It is yet Another thing to have to add to the gear, but it seems well worth the hassle.
As far as riding with it, I've never even noticed it while on the bike.

mpusch

Micah
Very interested in the Hit Air vest. Interested in your impressions after you use it for a day.

Please do. I'm usually in the main garage, but if I'm not I'll try to remember to tell you. Red/black Daytona 675 #716

I've been wearing one for a couple years now. The racer model with the tether in the back. Luckily I haven't truly "Tested" it yet, but I have heard good things.
Only complaints I have are it isn't very adjustable for bigger guys. I'm not that big myself, but I have it completely expanded, and there is no extra room. (wear a 46/56 suit)
If you take out the back protector that comes on it, it helps. My friend bought an expansion zipper for it which helped as well. It is yet Another thing to have to add to the gear, but it seems well worth the hassle.
As far as riding with it, I've never even noticed it while on the bike.

Interesting info, thanks. I have the XL Racer and I'm 6'0 190. I'll check on the back protector piece of it. Certainly already have that covered with my existing gear.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I got one last year also. I got the "regular" rather than the racer vest. Based on what I read and observed, I liked attributes of both the racer and the larger MLV. Considering I'm 6'2" (48/58 suit size) I was less concerned about a little larger vest, and more concerned about the increased coverage the MLV provides (particularly the lower back) vs the RS. I have found that the vest is completely forgotten once on the track. I have, however, forgotten several times that I'm tethered when I'm dismounting. No issues - you just start to move and feel the cord attached, so you unclip it. Actually while riding, there are only two things that sometimes have happened to me. One, that the collar of the vest can end up rubbing your neck. Doesn't happen often, but I've had it happen. Two, that the cord can get hung up on bike parts. I've had the cord get caught on the corner of bodywork while hanging off the right side of the tank - only to discover it when attempting to move off the left side :) Doh! My lanyard is secured to the subframe and comes up between the seat front and the tank rear.

I've been down once while wearing the vest. One thing to keep in mind about it. I had a low side where I cut T4 at PIRC too tight while chasing a friend in an A session. Both front and rear tires ended up just up on the inside curbing - where they naturally immediately lost all 100 points of grip. In a low side, you're on the ground before you separate much from the bike - so by the time the vest deployed, you've already hit. My only damage was to my pride, and the bodywork on the bike. Vest only needed a new cartridge. I'm still a fan, but I don't wear it all the time.

tdelegram

Control Rider
I have deployed mine twice, once a low side loosing the front wheel and the other a highsided over the bike in t14 (?the uphill carousel at pirc), I landed flat on my back and stoped dead with no bruising or pain in vest covered area's. My feet and thumb were not so lucky. On my third repack and won't ride without it. Like Bill I have the larger model but he's ginormous! Actually I think we are close to same weight or he's lighter and he's taller too, but he needs to be lighter to keep up since he's down on cc's.

The larger vest has tailbone coverage that the racer one doesn't, and it has twin airbags around the spine, neck (reduces spinal compression) and chest.

mpusch

Micah
I was aware of the issue with lowsides not triggering right away, but I suppose that's not a huge issue since there's not as much impact to work with. Besides both my crashes so far have been highsides, so I guess that's just how I'm most comfortable crashing :eek:

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Fork seal was leaking so I just changed them in both forks and put new fork oil in that is 10w instead of stock 0w. I assume it would be best to baseline the front suspension again...will there be anyone there that can help with this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mpusch

Micah
i am planning on running on Saturday if the offer is still available.

Still available.

I'm pretty sure it's garage 4, but my name (or some misspelled variation :D) should be on there. Feel free to hop in Friday evening if you get there before me.

i-Zapp

Still available.

I'm pretty sure it's garage 4, but my name (or some misspelled variation :D) should be on there. Feel free to hop in Friday evening if you get there before me.

UGGH, i just tried signing up and FULL in Advanced!!! Dang it, waited too long. :(
Posted a "WTB" in the classified, hopefully a spot opens up...

i-Zapp

Still available.
Micah - was able to successfully register, so i'll be there. see ya Sat morning!

mpusch

Micah

In case you didn't see, I'll be there in garage #4 (main garage). Feel free to stop by any time.