PittRace 5/11 Newcomer

Hello All,

Really getting excited and nervous at the same time for this Saturday 5/11 at PittRace.
This will be my 1st event.
I will be coming on Friday and reserved a camping spot. I'm coming with my 7x14 enclosed trailer (black) - black Ram TRX.
I have read the manual several times and want to make sure I have everything ready to go.

Bike - Ducati V4SP2
Number #828
1. Do I need to remove my plate?
2. Disconnect the lights (front and rear) as well as tape over ? Or will only disconnecting suffice ?
3. Recommended track riding pressure? I have Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa IV tires (brand new just installed).

***Anything else I should prep for - the bike is in great condition. I purchased it last spring***

Gear - I have full leathers, gauntlet gloves, race boots, helmet, visor, back protector. I'm good here.
I have a canopy, chair, cooler, tools, fuel etc. should be good.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Welcome to your newest addiction, Tom!
You've got a great pre-plan here. Thanks for putting thought into it.
You don't have to remove your plate if you really don't want to. I personally would, however.
Throw some tape over the bolts holding it on if you elect to leave it.
You must cover your lights with tape. Basic painters tape is all you need. Unplugging them is fine, or if they're LED lights, just tape over them and don't worry about unplugging anything.

Check your chain tension and have a way to easily make an adjustment if needed at the track. (rear stand, and the required tools.)

Drink lots of water and have a great time. :b::squid:

Welcome to your newest addiction, Tom!
You've got a great pre-plan here. Thanks for putting thought into it.
You don't have to remove your plate if you really don't want to. I personally would, however.
Throw some tape over the bolts holding it on if you elect to leave it.
You must cover your lights with tape. Basic painters tape is all you need. Unplugging them is fine, or if they're LED lights, just tape over them and don't worry about unplugging anything.

Check your chain tension and have a way to easily make an adjustment if needed at the track. (rear stand, and the required tools.)

Drink lots of water and have a great time. :b::squid:
Thanks ! Forgot to mention the rear stand - that will be on the trailer. I’ll remove the plate. I’ll just tape over the lights with painters tape. Checking the chain and will make sure I have the required tools.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! Brent covered it! You'll be assigned a CR (control rider/coach) for the morning to show you around, they will do lead/follow so you see where the race line is (so you can become predictable). You'll have a blast!

OldGixxerDad

Goodluck Tom !
I was thinking of signing up too for this Saturdays Track Day as a brand new novice myself , do you know if slots are still available in the novice class for this Saturday May 11th 2024 ?
Thanks
Steve

Jorgy

it's natural to be nervous but don't worry N2 is great at introducing people to the track. Sounds like you have the right attitude about the whole thing. Don't be afraid to ask your neighbors in the pits if you have questions about anything, everyone is very nice and willing to help new riders.

Enjoy!

tdelegram

Control Rider
Welcome aboard, I'll be there with at least 1 maybe 2 R1's with 112 on them. Stop by if you have questions or need help. Finally, we all started where you are so ask questions introduce yourself to your neighbors. We have some incredibly fast and educated CR's that are there to help, just ask.

Motofun352

Control Rider
It's natural to have "butterflies" on your first track day. By lunch time you'll wondering what all the fuss was about. Be open to advice and check your ego back at the entrance gate and be ready for a new "life experience". Remember, thousands of us have been where you are. Oh, and by the way, this is about having fun.