PittRace - North - May 23-24, 2015

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Ok, I am trying to figure out how that is possible.... Wrangler's aren't that long, how the hell does the bike fit? I couldn't fit my bike in mine if I removed the front seat and half the dash.
He actually got the whole bike in there! Plus all of his gear and parts. Real nice guy! Met him at the WERA race at Summit last weekend. Just shows what you can do when you are determined

cyclox

I'm headed to Summit to race, but I'm planning to be there for at least one day in June and definitely for July (FULL track!!!)

Mikey75702

What time will they let us in? Never been there, and want to get there and get set up sometime on Friday, and maybe get some sleep... I can leave right from Harrisburg at 8am, or head home to York for a nap first, just trying to make a plan. Thanks.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Gate is manned 24 hrs on the weekend. Depending how late it is Friday, may have to wait. I've arrived as late as midnight Friday and didn't have any issues getting in. Not like NJMP that locks you in and out at 10pm. Ugh.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
If you have a generator bring it. It does you no good if it's left at home. This should apply to every trip.

I always bring mine. If I get a power pole. Great. If I cannot get near one. I'm still covered.

Sometimes you make your own luck and provide your own peace of mind.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yeah, what they said. Power very, very limited on the North course. No idea what the situation will be on the Full course, not sure if we'll be using the new paddock area? I assume there is a new paddock area for the South course, as I think it can also be run alone, as well as combined north/south (full) that we're doing in July/August. Anyone know if they put more power in the new paddock?

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Do you park that next to the concrete pond? :)
I don't have a concrete pond, but I do have more than one vehicle parked in my yard that don't run right now But they aren't on blocks yet so that might not count.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
More importantly, QUIET generator shopping. The 2000s offered by Honda and Yamaha are absolutely awesome. Sure the price is kinda steep, but they're extremely reliable. Been using my Honda for 8+ yrs and it starts on the first pull. Well, third if it's been sitting all winter.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I concur with the Honda or Yamaha recommendation. I've seen folks have all kinds of problems with other generators. Hondas and Yamahas cost more, but they seem to hold up very very well. You pretty much know they're going to run, and when they're running you pretty much know that they're going to produce power. Can't count the number of folks with other generators that either won't run, or when they do they don't actually generate power.

One other suggestion - I bought my Honda used from Home Depot. If you look carefully you can get a pretty good discount sometimes from one of their "rental" units. They only keep them so long, and then sell them at a discount. I've got the larger 3k Honda but it's still easy to move around, dead reliable, and makes good power. It was reasonable enough used for me to justify.

HavocCat

Chris
Thanks for the tips everyone.

I was actually going to go generator shopping when I got back from Summit Main back in April, but I ended up having to go bodywork and parts shopping instead. :p

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Honda or Yamaha generator all the way. EU2000 will be fine to run one set of warmers and a couple of small fans, lap top charger, etc.

I bought mine from wisesales.com . Hard to beat their prices and free shipping.