Pittrace weekend

slowohioboy

First I should say that I had a great time and thought that the N2 guys did a great job, especially considering the conditions on Saturday. Sunday turnd out pretty good with only a couple short sprinkles so the track stayed pretty much dry all day ( minus a wet corner or two in the first couple sessions). These were my first days on a bike or on a track in 7 years. Some lessons I learned......
  • I really missed being at the track (had a great time this weekend getting back to it)
  • After that long of a layoff, laptimes you used to think we're slow seem very fast....
  • A new 1000 does not need to be ridden like a 600. (I think I was in first gear for 1/3 of the track all weekend, till the last couple sessions), much easier to be smooth allowing it to,lug just a tad mid corner.
  • I need to adjust all my controls, levers too high makes wrists hurt and makes you work more to do things. ( there are lots of items to adjust to allow the levers to move for spacing issues)
  • I have LOTS to improve on to get back to a good pace.... (All of these should be easy to work on next time out)
    • I let off at the stripe on the front straight, coasted to the 200, braked& shifted before the 100, then coasted to the turn in for 1. (Did this all day sitting up and resting all the way to 1)
    • At turn 7, my turn in is too soon I only hit that right once all weekend.
    • For some reason I was not only letting off about midway between 8 & 9, but actually touching the brake lever ( not braking but finger on it) and downshifting as well while in the middle of the straight..
      • Every lap I did this
      • I also had lots,of coasting to turn 10. (Kind of excessive, but I never tried to correct it)

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
Bill,

Great to meet and talk with you. Welcome back to the track!! See you at the next one!!

mpusch

Micah
Definitely a fun weekend, even with the rain. The BBQ was a great time as well.

Also wanted to say thanks again to Todd and everyone else for trying to help me find a part to get back out on the track. He spent about a half hour calling on everyone he knew looking for the piece I needed. Even though we couldn't make it happen this time, it was really cool seeing the event leader going to bat for you to try and get you back out there. Really gave me more respect for N2. Also a shoutout to AJ for helping me figure out WTH was wrong with my bike in the first place!

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Hey Bill! It was fun riding with you out there this weekend! Yes, you do have to work on a few things but it will come back to you sooner than you think! You just have to make those adjustments! A friend of ours was asking how you did out there! LOL! Johnny asked! Since we all have the same bike, irs easy to see why! LOL! I rode his R1 down at NC Bike! Anyway, we'll see you out there and we'll work on getting you back down to the times that you remember or somewhere close!;)

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
I was glad it wasn't something major internally. Just remember to get the lock washer for it was well and lock that nut in place and you should be good to go.
One of the things I love about this sport is how friendly and helpful people are. We have all been there before and it sucks for something mechanical to ruin your day. We all want to ride but even more fun is to have people to ride with.
I have to say thanks again to Colin for running around the entire paddock trying to hunt down a simple bolt and washer for me that came off my shift linkage. He was able to find something close enough and had a grinder on hand to shave it down to size. It worked perfect and got me back out there!

mpusch

Micah
I was glad it wasn't something major internally. Just remember to get the lock washer for it was well and lock that nut in place and you should be good to go.
One of the things I love about this sport is how friendly and helpful people are. We have all been there before and it sucks for something mechanical to ruin your day. We all want to ride but even more fun is to have people to ride with.
I have to say thanks again to Colin for running around the entire paddock trying to hunt down a simple bolt and washer for me that came off my shift linkage. He was able to find something close enough and had a grinder on hand to shave it down to size. It worked perfect and got me back out there!

Ordered both pieces from my local dealership the same day. Should be good to go in no time. You and Chris were a big help. Thanks man!