dlockhart5x

A few of us are planning on bouncing around in the dirt sunday

http://www.rockyglenohv.com/
Located right off Rt20 in Rockford.
It would be cool to see a bunch of nesbians come out and play

Last time we were there Greg K was stomping the table top on the kiddie track

zeus

Control Rider
I think I am going to have to come out and see how dirty I can get. May even have a few tag along people from Kansas if things come together. ;)

dlockhart5x

zeus;130006 wrote: May even have a few tag along people from Kansas if things come together. ;)

I can think of a few Kansanites that I like. It is Kansanites? Kansanian sounds silly LOL
See ya sunday

Andrei

dlockhart5x;130462 wrote: Ki's is a lot of fun if you are a fast competent B MX racer (fast end of the slow guys) especially when they are running it CW
never been there ... but everyone I talked to swears by Ki tracks ... besides tomorrow is going to be HOT, which means somebody has to groom the track once in a while ... I've heard Ki tracks are pretty good at that too.

dlockhart5x

Andrei;130466 wrote: never been there ... but everyone I talked to swears by Ki tracks ... besides tomorrow is going to be HOT, which means somebody has to groom the track once in a while ... I've heard Ki tracks are pretty good at that too.
Ki's are great and the they do a very nice job grooming. To ride there and have some degree of fast-ness/fun it requires some degree of comfort with gapped jumps.
You can roll it, but to really ride is a different thing.
I'd love to do Mt.Carol MX too, but it is way above my skill set to competently ride it.

steve p

Been to Mt. Carrol and it is above my skill level too. My friends have been to Ki track and said it got more dificult this year. which definately puts it above my skill level. I suck so I just need to practice on the basics.

Andrei

dlockhart5x;130467 wrote: Ki's are great and the they do a very nice job grooming. To ride there and have some degree of fast-ness/fun it requires some degree of comfort with gapped jumps.
You can roll it, but to really ride is a different thing.
I'd love to do Mt.Carol MX too, but it is way above my skill set to competently ride it.
you convinced me :D

dlockhart5x

We had a good day seeing everyone and riding a bit. Rocky Glen had totally reworked their main MX track making it very accessable to us un skilled types. Steve P was killing it on the kiddie track. Kotlinski will have some competition there. LOL
For you advanced types, they still have their peaky, tight ArenaX practice track.
Along with the the trails it has a nice balance so everyone can enjoy a day in the dirt.

diamond

Sorry we had to bail without saying "Hi"... We kinda had to leave in a hurry. Mr Ben decided to remove his upper body protection due to the heat and tameness of our riding for the day... unfortunately he had a mechanical issue that almost took us both out. I survived and kept the bike upright, he acquired a trip to the hospital for some emergency repairs.

Some day I'd like to get a proper MX bike to play with. CRF150RB would slip right into my ice tires, too... Mmmmmm...