Playing dirty sunday 7-31 Rocky Glen

dlockhart5x

It looks like we have a off weekend and I feel the need to play.

I know many nesbians have dirt/ play bikes and it would be good to see some familiar faces out for some fun.

http://www.rockyglenohv.com/

They have a nice mix of trails, track and open space for beginers to just ride. The beginner mx track is a lot of fun with a bunch of table tops and it looks like the "A" mx track has been upgraded with some stuff too for those who like to jump higher than their knee caps and don't mind gaps.

dlockhart5x

eE jeremy;204225 wrote: do they frown upon using zuma's as dirtbikes?

I guess I'm out :p
actually they probably would not care and it could be good fun

hope to see a bunch of folks there

if it is a normal day in the dirt
I'll crash several times
Greg Kotlinski will end up in water, in distress (laying in a puddle or riding into the river, maybe the lake this time)
Brent will stall in a puddle
Grouch might clear a table top
Hotwings will loop his bike and end up chasing after it ( this is a lot like his race starts this year)
and we all have a ton of fun

Christan

dlockhart5x;204316 wrote: actually they probably would not care and it could be good fun
That's exactly what I thinking...

Last time we were there I think we left as Greg was walking his bike back from the trails.

Oh, and Brent clarified that he only stalled in the puddle because I stalled in front of him. Which was before my bike and I somehow ended up lodged in a tree :dunno:

hotwings

Awesome idea... i could practise my race starts on my KTM..... That would make the SV easy..... Oh that's right, your an SV pilot now to.... I have the pictures from the last WERA round.

gkotlin

eE jeremy;204225 wrote: do they frown upon using zuma's as dirtbikes?
I guess I'm out :p
I almost took the SV out on the small track once.

dlockhart5x;204316 wrote:
if it is a normal day in the dirt
I'll crash several times
Greg Kotlinski will end up in water, in distress (laying in a puddle or riding into the river, maybe the lake this time)
You know. You and your brother are not being very nice to me tonight. I miss water skiing. I'm trying to combine the two.
The river is much warmer then the puddles are in January if I do say so.

Christan;204344 wrote:

Last time we were there I think we left as Greg was walking his bike back from the trails.
That's what I get for borrowing a poor maintained turd. I was quite pissed that day....

Regardless of the fun you're making of me, I think I'll go.

dlockhart5x

The park opens at 10 am and we will get there some time after that. No hurry there are no "sessions" and you can ride all you like.
I think we will be there sometime around 11

WRT a ride, that you will have to work that out with someone more local to you.

Hope you can make it. It is a bunch of fun

paintedblue

gkotlin;204695 wrote: Get to Woodfield and I could take the bike.
My work schedule might have f'd me so i'm not sure i can. however if it changes i would need to be picked up in elgin as that's where the bike is. if the track is in rockford it'll be right on the way. i'll call you if i can go.

gkotlin

paintedblue;204696 wrote: My work schedule might have f'd me so i'm not sure i can. however if it changes i would need to be picked up in elgin as that's where the bike is. if the track is in rockford it'll be right on the way. i'll call you if i can go.
Okey dokey.

dlockhart5x

Ready for a play day.. We are bringing our usual 24' black trailer. Easy to spot
I believe the wind is supposed to be out of the south so for dust/ wind reasons I think we will set our pit on the south edge of the "loop"

dlockhart5x

gkotlin;204907 wrote: Good times today. Was great to see the guys out on the big bikes in the trails. I WAS SOOOO MUDDY!

That was fun! I was pleased how well the big ADV / dual sports worked in the mud. The KTM 640 is a beast and Mike did pretty well on the KLR. It was fun playing on the trails and in the puddles.
Even taking the big girl on the table top track was fun.

Picture a ADV touring bike with hard bags being hucked up over some jumps

I need to do some carb work on the CR. The slide stuck open a few times and made things more exciting than I'd like on the B
MX track

Hope more of you can come out and play next time