Pocono is in the books!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
What a great day up at Pocono Raceway. Awesome weather, track was great, and everyone got tons of riding in. If you haven't been to Pocono lately, you've got to give it a try. They've repaved the track, added several new sections, regraded the run off areas, put us up in the garages with power and bathrooms. Hell they even had an air compressor set up for us to use.

Again, thanks everyone who came out to have fun today. I don't think I'll be able to walk tomorrow but it was sure worth it.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
I was happy to see all of the new curbing too, it was like being on an actual race course vs. access roads from years ago. Very technical, quite the workout. I decided to bring the Hyper and sure glad that I did!

I had a ton of fun working with the Novice group!

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
It was a TON of FUN!!! Talked with the operations manager for a bit and they are excited to have us there, everyone needs to give POCONO a try!!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Judy, I think there are many others that shared your opinion. That's exactly why I wanted to give everyone an update on the state of affairs up there. I was really happy with the track, the facilities, and the folks running the track. In the past bikes were treated like the read headed stepchild. Not the case now. Speedy was even there as the Track Marshall and told me that one of the Grandsons that took over is into bikes so they have made improvements to accommodate the 2 wheel variety of motorsports.

If you like a technical track but would prefer a smooth wide surface, a long straight to catch your breath, and great accommodations in the pits with power and shade, you have to try this track out.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Speedy will be there as Track Marshall? Well, sign me up, I miss that guy! Jeez, I've known him and Airfence Andy from waaaay back in the day....the PA Posse.

Glad to hear the current management is now bike-friendly, because, aside from the previous crappy pavement, that was my main deterrent.

Going to add any more days there this year? :cool:

Cut my teeth on the old East course....

Thanks so much for the update, John, excellent news. Glad to hear it!!

Danlavelle

I'm having serious trouble walking today! Haha. I Had a great time. Thanks to everyone for a great day at the track. Especially Rob for the trail braking exercises, Lenny for the awesome feedback (and sweet sound system!), and Jay for letting me borrow a suit for the day. Oh another big shout out to the N2 folks for lending me a cam strap for the way home because I snapped one on the way up in the AM.

See you guys out there again soon.

stirfry315

first time at pocono. track had alot of grip and some good hard braking spots.was wide and tons of run off. came from cleveland with some friends and glad we made the drive. will come out again for sure.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Hey Dan! It was fun working with you out there! It was great to see your progression throughout the day! You really worked on the body position in the afternoon and you looked great! I'm glad that we all had the chance to do the braking drills. I think that, speaking with you, you understood the method and put it to good use on the track b/c you were running great! :)
I think the only thing you'll have to worry about is Michelle! She was soaking up everything and even had her OWN body position class with Kris! I thinks she will be your biggest competition! LOL! ;)

rob92

Control Rider
N2
There's also a classroom on the second floor of the middle building, they call it the Penthouse. Much larger than the other classrooms and is also available to us.