possibly pointless post

LOrtega

Control Rider
GriffinD;272565 wrote: That makes no damn sense at all!! :mad:

Not to thread jack but, whats up with the Air Fence @ NJMP??
The Air Fence was deployed this week and was in use during the CCS race this weekend, done seen it myself...
Its in a great location to protect people on motorcycles...

I believe it will now be perminante there since its not the inflatable type, and if it is damaged I think the club or event damaging it have to replace AKA car people PLOWING into it...

I think NESBA will chime in more on this, 1 area down about 10 to go...

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
LOrtega;272591 wrote: The Air Fence was deployed this week and was in use during the CCS race this weekend, done seen it myself...
Its in a great location to protect people on motorcycles...

I believe it will now be perminante there since its not the inflatable type, and if it is damaged I think the club or event damaging it have to replace AKA car people PLOWING into it...

I think NESBA will chime in more on this, 1 area down about 10 to go...
I was under the impression they moved it behind the armco during car events, specifically so it won't be damaged?

Ruhe52

My understanding it is for cycle events. What possible good would it serve for a car?

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Agreed, no use for cars. I meant for car events it is moved to the outside of the armco, so cars can't hit it. Outside, opposite side, the side NOT facing the track.

z064life

HondaGalToo;272614 wrote: Agreed, no use for cars. I meant for car events it is moved to the outside of the armco, so cars can't hit it. Outside, opposite side, the side NOT facing the track.
wait...where are the barriers for cars :eek:uttahere:

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
z064life;272615 wrote: wait...where are the barriers for cars :eek:uttahere:
If you haven't noticed them by now...don't. Once you realize they're there, they'll probably freak you out.

LOrtega

Control Rider
HondaGalToo;272593 wrote: I was under the impression they moved it behind the armco during car events, specifically so it won't be damaged?
I dont have the details as far as how NJMP will Manage the fence for car events but I know that they will be there for any motorcycle events...

As I said sure NESBA will chime in with additional details if anyone has specific questions...

jsin38

I'll hit the googles to see if maybe Road America has a nearby track bike rental place or a school.

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
NJMP intends to remove the barrier (commonly referred to as "dog box" since this stuff is not filled with air but a seasonal leave-in-place solution for motorcycle, carting, and some "formula-type" open wheeled cars. In the case of NJMP I have been advised that they intend to move the barrier for 4-wheeled events - "throw it over the Armco" and indeed plan to hold clubs that destroy or render dog box ineffective responsible for replacing the pieces.

Dave Sanders worked with NJMP to precisely place the barrier and hopefully the MA will be able to raise funds for more to offer NJMP, Summit, and others in the future.