Power Pure Tires VS Dunlop Q2

So this tire question is pretty direct...

How do the Dunlop Trackday Tires Q2 compare to the Michelin Power Pure Tires? I need a set for a GSXR 600 that is solely a track bike. So I do not care at all but any benefits for the street. My only wish is to get the best tire set to learn on in the Novice/Intermediate level that will not require tire warmers.

Oh if there a better set of tires I should consider please give me an idea why other than stating the tire is "Awesome".

Thanks
Rich

Matt

I've used Q2's without warmers and run mid-pack advanced. They are the bar for awesome.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I'm a Pirelli fan. I loved the Diablo Corsa IIIs, and their replacement, the Diablo Rosso Corsa is supposed to be even better. Good grip, long lasting. Pirelli has two other trackday options...the Dragon Supercorsa trackday pro and trackday pro slick. Same compound. Not a race compound, but a good, grippy compound that doesn't need warmers (yup, even the slick version). I've been using the Trackday pro this year (not the slick) and I'm very happy with them. They stick really well, warm up in a lap or two, and I easily get 8 days out of them.

Fastguy

Matt;153947 wrote: I've used Q2's without warmers and run mid-pack advanced. They are the bar for awesome.
At that mid-pack advanced pace, how many days/or day will you get from your front? Your rear?

JohnS

HondaGalToo;153960 wrote: I'm a Pirelli fan. I loved the Diablo Corsa IIIs, and their replacement, the Diablo Rosso Corsa is supposed to be even better. Good grip, long lasting. Pirelli has two other trackday options...the Dragon Supercorsa trackday pro and trackday pro slick. Same compound. Not a race compound, but a good, grippy compound that doesn't need warmers (yup, even the slick version). I've been using the Trackday pro this year (not the slick) and I'm very happy with them. They stick really well, warm up in a lap or two, and I easily get 8 days out of them.
I am with Judy, I have been using Pirelli tires for awhile now. The DCIII was a good tire for track days. Now the DRC's are a great tire, fast warm up, they turn in much easier then the DCIII, they give much better feedback and feel more planted.

I am getting 6 days out of these tires, and that is due to the shape of the tires not the grip. By day 6 they are out of round pretty bad and I can feel it in the way the bike turns so I replace them.

Matt

Fastguy;153966 wrote: At that mid-pack advanced pace, how many days/or day will you get from your front? Your rear?

sorry, didn't see this earlier.

the front will outlast the rear.. I did two rears to a front and would have still run the front but just got a new set because the price is so great.

The rear wear will vary with your bike, throttle application, track, etc. They wear faster than a 211GP-A, but not much.

Well it will likely come down to which track organization I ride with first. I need a set before my track bike turns a single lap at a track. It really sounds like I need to ride a few different types of tires and figure out which works for me. I am sure that it really wont matter for a while either way since I have only done 3 trackdays.

Rich

S3aturnR

Jonny Boy;164612 wrote: Q2s. They are amazing tires for track days, especially for the price.
nice, jackass. :D he said to not simply say they were great. (i couldn't resist giving you a hard time)

i had a q2 rear on my bike that was an unplanned replacement to my bt003rs and i really liked the grip and feel of it. warmed up quick and seemed to wear well. i am riding at a B pace, tho, so take my review with that in mind...

Jon; we need to get together and do some bench racing this winter. i have beer and a heated garage...

s3aturnr

unclepaulie

Matt;163406 wrote: sorry, didn't see this earlier.

the front will outlast the rear.. I did two rears to a front and would have still run the front but just got a new set because the price is so great.

The rear wear will vary with your bike, throttle application, track, etc. They wear faster than a 211GP-A, but not much.
Matt, are you saying that the 211gpa race tire will last longer than the Q2's on the race track? Just wanna make sure I'm reading ya right.