Power pures and tire warmers

GIXXER09

Just wondering about putting a set of warmers on the new power pures to do a couple track days at cmp. Is warmers a good thing or a bad thing on those specific tires? And how much cold air pressure should i run?

Matt

the pilot powers ran 30/30, not sure about the pures.

you can run warmers with them, but i'd suggest running lower temps if you can set your warmers.

Mikey75702

I ran 32 f /29 r, at njmp with the pures last time out and they seemed to wear well at that. I liked them. Not sure if it was just because of the age of my 2cts when I first tracked them or not, but the pures seemed to stick little bit better.

GIXXER09

Thanks guys. I just came back from v.i.r. At the first of the month and ran them there without warmers and it took a good 3 laps to get them up to temp, i wanna be able to hang with everybody else right from the start so i was just wondering about warmers or not....

Mikey75702

I wasn't running warmers, and could sling the bike around after about a lap. They warmed up pretty quick to me.

GIXXER09

Yea same here man... Just wanted to get a better jump on the rest instead of cold tearing the crap out of them. I chewed them up pretty bad at vir, and cmp is way worse on tires so figured id ask and get a heads up from a few people

erick1670

GIXXER09;149027 wrote: Yea same here man... Just wanted to get a better jump on the rest instead of cold tearing the crap out of them. I chewed them up pretty bad at vir, and cmp is way worse on tires so figured id ask and get a heads up from a few people
those are street tires and not DOT`s, so you dont recuier warmers to get the up to temp from the get go, sure you can use warmers on them. If you tearing your tires maybe you have some suspention setting essues.

GIXXER09

I had ohliens set up my suspension before going to v.i.r. Ive rode the street for 18 years and only done 3 track days but ive never seen tires do what these did. I was running 32/f and 30/r on air pressure. But since ive came back me and a buddy of mine aligned up the wheels, it was pretty bad off. Over a 1/2 inch so im guessing that had alot to do with it. But not sure....

Mikey75702

GIXXER09;149032 wrote: I had ohliens set up my suspension before going to v.i.r. Ive rode the street for 18 years and only done 3 track days but ive never seen tires do what these did. I was running 32/f and 30/r on air pressure. But since ive came back me and a buddy of mine aligned up the wheels, it was pretty bad off. Over a 1/2 inch so im guessing that had alot to do with it. But not sure....
that could probably cause tearing.

If you have the pressures right you should not see cold tearing from your warm-up laps unless you pull right off. They should clean up after the rest of the session. I suspect you have another problem then needing warmers.

GIXXER09

mikey75702;149095 wrote: that could probably cause tearing.

If you have the pressures right you should not see cold tearing from your warm-up laps unless you pull right off. They should clean up after the rest of the session. I suspect you have another problem then needing warmers.
so what else do you think it could be ?

Mikey75702

GIXXER09;149097 wrote: so what else do you think it could be ?
Well there is cold tear, hot tear, geometry tear, spring tear.

I'm no expert, i just bought the dave moss videos and watched them over and over till I thought i absorbed enough to figure out my bike at the track. If i have something i cant get straight ibwatch them again, or go see the local suspension guy.

Your best bet will be to post a close up photo of the tear and wait for someone like Ron Hix ( or others) to tell you which it is.

erick1670

Mikey75702;149108 wrote: Well there is cold tear, hot tear, geometry tear, spring tear.

I'm no expert, i just bought the dave moss videos and watched them over and over till I thought i absorbed enough to figure out my bike at the track. If i have something i cant get straight ibwatch them again, or go see the local suspension guy.

Your best bet will be to post a close up photo of the tear
and wait for someone like Ron Hix ( or others) to tell you which it is.
:agree:

I was about to say the same