prayers needed

blueninja1

hi everyone,

i had an awesome time on monday. i want to thank luis and emily for being patient with me and picking me up from the hospital and gathering my belongings. they are 2 of the nicest people i ever met. i overcooked it into a corner and had a bad get off after i laid down the bike. the initial diagnosis was a contusion to the forearm but i will follow up with my doctor. i'd like to ask for your prayers on this road to recovery.

hopefully i see you all out there next year. i just need some time to finish up grad school and establish myself financially before i throw myself into the sport again. nice meetin ya at the track dan, keep up the good work on the 2-stroke, nice ridin with ya. thanks for cr miller for givin me confidence and good feedback. also great ridin with bill (224 on the blue zx6r). big thx to al for givin me help on body position and vision. you're a cool guy.

love you all.

-brendon

Meat

Good luck with school, but I am reading this correctly in that you have a bruised forearm and want us to pray for you?

blueninja1

thx meat.

i believe its broken because its extremely painful in the area where i broke it last summer. i have limited mobility. unable to rotate wrists or arm. if its not broken i would classify it as a severe contusion which affects the deep tissues and bone surface. the fact that the damage is near the elbow joint means that it could affect the ulna nerve which would mean motion impairment. there's risk of calcification around the injury. i'm honestly hoping for the best but won't know an accurate assessement until the end of the week. i'll update you guys as the situation becomes clearer.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Meat;190950 wrote: Good luck with school, but I am reading this correctly in that you have a bruised forearm and want us to pray for you?
That is too funny...

Blueninja,
It's good to hear that for the most part you're ok!! I reccommend you get an second opinion on your injury. Prayer have been sent my man, speedy recovery...

fitz

Do you have a recovery fund setup yet BN? If so I would like to donate. :D

Heal up fast BN! Prayers sent for your boo boo.

Good luck with school and I hope to see you next year. :)

fitz

Hey Brendon, hope the injury is nothing in the end. Good idea to get grad school out of the way and start to get established. Although this will sound like blasphemy to some, but for younger guy like yourself, finishing school should be a higher priority than the track at the moment. Besides, the track will be waiting.

Nice meeting you too and the proper term is: "I came into the corner hot, then ran out of skill":D

j/k man and prayers sent.

God bless,

Dan

Dave561

Control Rider
Dear God,
Please help the tsunami victims in Japan,
Please bring peace to the middle east,
And if none of that is possible,
Please make sure blueninja's booboo heals
Amen

Dieselboy

Bubba Zanetti;190979 wrote: Although this will sound like blasphemy to some, but for younger guy like yourself, finishing school should be a higher priority than the track at the moment.
Not hard to do both. :rtfm:

1up5down

Control Rider
blueninja1;190949 wrote: hi everyone,

i had an awesome time on monday. i want to thank luis and emily for being patient with me and picking me up from the hospital and gathering my belongings. they are 2 of the nicest people i ever met. i overcooked it into a corner and had a bad get off after i laid down the bike. the initial diagnosis was a contusion to the forearm but i will follow up with my doctor. i'd like to ask for your prayers on this road to recovery.

hopefully i see you all out there next year. i just need some time to finish up grad school and establish myself financially before i throw myself into the sport again. nice meetin ya at the track dan, keep up the good work on the 2-stroke, nice ridin with ya. thanks for cr miller for givin me confidence and good feedback. also great ridin with bill (224 on the blue zx6r). big thx to al for givin me help on body position and vision. you're a cool guy.

love you all.

-brendon

Brendon -

Sorry your day ended with a painful lesson that WE ALL
learn at some point. I will pray that you heal and recover without complications. It was good to have the opportunity to meet you in person. It was my pleasure to offer my experience/knowledge with you. I was even happier to see you ask for help and to be open/willing to receive it. Your behavior/actions in person are 180 degrees then your action/behavior on the board prior to your first event. The unfortunate thing is some of us will not be able to see past those first impressions as they were strong. Hopefully, you learned from that as well.

It is very refreshing to read about you critically thinking about your priorities and making the necessary adjustments. I know it will not be easy to keep the addiction at bay, especially given your youth. Physically speaking, I wish I had the opportunity to experience this hobby at your age. The old man doesn't bounce back or move around as swift as he once did:dunno: Lol, I was 33 before I tasted the track. My point is, the track will be here. Get your education and financial status in strong position and then fall off the wagon and get back out here!

Heal up and don't hesitate to check in on things over here from time to time, just walk softly as there is a lot for us all to learn young Padawan!
:cheers:

Allen

Kegger

If theres one thing about motorcycles that everyone learns at one point or another......crashing sucks.

Heal-up and take care of business.

Meat

Ok, I have really resisted. I saw your reply to my post last night but wanted to see if you were just kidding. You have a bruise! A bruise!! And sure when you get any pooling of blood you risk calcification. We aren't talking about solid bone growth here. Ultrasound should fix up any possible calcification problems you had from your bruise.

WOW!

I am guessing you don't play so many sports.

I have had many injuries in the many sports I have played and NEVER have I considered a bruise an actual injury. I have broken ribs right now. I broke them at the CCS races at Carolina Motorsport Park. I didn't go to the hospital. In fact Chicken Wings helped me repair my bike to a ride-able state. When I realized I couldn't possibly ride, I slept the night, packed all my stuff up the next day, drove to my new home and then WENT TO WORK to start my new job on Monday. I worked a full day and didn't tell anyone at work of my injuries, even though I not only had 2 ribs that kept popping in and out of my rib cage all day, and I was in a total fog from my concussion (was unconscious for 90 seconds), the bursitis in my shoulder and my strained rotator cuff muscles (along with my broken ribs) made it painful to shake the many hands on my first day. But I did it. I expect that from myself. I went to the doctor on Friday (that is how I knew the extent of my injuries). I didn't take the pain killers that were offered to me by the doctor because with my concussion it was going to be all I could do not to get fired for not thinking properly (I am a contract aeronautical engineer which means they can fire me at anytime for anything, missing the first day is definitely something I could have been fired for).

And I don't think my recent story is all that unusual. Praying for a bruise, now THAT is unusual.

Hambone

No, Meat, your story is not unusual. A bruise!! ICE THAT THING BRO! Take some advil and ride. After all of your "backin-it-in" and "getting bumped to A on the first day" stuff, I was hoping to meet you and hang a little bit. Now you're done for the year? In May? I know crashing sucks. After going through what I had to go through just to make my bike rideable again, I know cash is a big concern. I crashed at Beaverun one year and had a contusion on my butt cheek and no body prayed for me. Most people laughed like little kids when I told them. I had a 9 hour ride home sitting on that thing. I originally read the title to this thread and thought that someone was in the hospital in the ICU or something. A bruise?! Common man, ice it, stretch it and take some pills. Get some tape and some zip ties and lets ride.

fitz

Hambone;191065 wrote: Now you're done for the year? In May?.
I think he's done for good; the bruised arm is his out.

Ignoring the completely ridiculous "please pray for my arm plea for attention post" for a moment.

Brendon even if you don't get back on the track again, I hope you look back on your track day experience and see it as an accomplishment. Most think about, some talk about, but only a few actually do it.

I sincerely wish you luck in your endeavors.

fitz

kbonigut

holy crap

when i come onto the board and see prayers needed post my heart sinks as it is usually a really bad situation and you worry about the person that was injured. Now to read this post and hear that this guy has a bruised arm and is firing up that same worry thread in the 100s of Nesbians out there is just the perfect way for this to end. I will miss this saga, from the trash talking thread that began it all to this tragic ending.

oh yeah and my amex bill is a damn mess with all the track days/parts that I have been charging, I think my wife may kill me. Prayers needed. Thanks

LOrtega

Control Rider
Hey Brandon....How could you retire???? You got bumped on Sunday your on your way to awsome status!!!!

YES YOU ARE NOT READING THIS INCORRECTLY... According to my sources Brandon was bumped on sunday!!!

blueninja1

not retiring bud, just takin a time-out so i can come back stronger in the future with a lot of resources and in 100% health.

i'll be back soon though, maybe a year or two. as said before i have my own personal reasons. i thank everyone for the positive responses and great experiences thus far.

-b