pretty cool - nesba rider on GP track

kbonigut

I found this today on road racing world.com.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=41677

Kaleb De Keyrel almost made me rethink my hobby as he was driving by me like I was standing still at the I SED day last month at Putnam. Luckily I now am on now forged Marchesini wheels and have gone with a full Rossi replica paint scheme and will be able to ride flat out to my fullest potential.

Be cool to root for him at the GP events this weekend at Indy.

rk97

Kaleb was riding really well at the SED. Took me until around 2:00 to match his pace. All I needed was an extra 450cc, and lord knows how much more horsepower :p

During the morning session, he entered the track in front of me, and I backed off when I saw how quickly I was closing on him. That was my first mistake. I'm pretty sure he rides a Honda RS125, and a Moriwaki 250. He was barely braking for turn 1.

I spent at least 6 laps just staying in 4th on the front straight and trying to keep up with him through the turns. I haven't learned so much from a 12 yr old since the last time I tried to play a video game.

rk97

p.s. - Kaleb's dad thanked NESBA on their facebook page for "letting" Kaleb ride the SED; as if he didn't belong out there. ha.

Smiley

I got a chance to talk with him the moring of the SED and work with him a bit on track.

That kid was railing by the afternoon!!!
Looking forward to cherring him on at the GP

gkotlin

I really enjoyed riding behind him and just watching. He has no power on that bike. It's all cornerspeed. So staying behind and watching him setup passes was a blast.

Matt

I saw him go outside, then inside, then outside of a few people all in the braking zone into T1 at puntnam. I wanted to stand up right there and applaud him.

His passing through T9/10 was also a sight to be seen.

thumpin250

Sounds a lot like this 14 yr old jake lewis from kentucky. Got to ride with him a couple weeks ago and was a blast to see him ride for the time he stayed in sight. He's supposed to be running the gp as well if i recall.

ZLTFUL

Watching Kaleb is one of the highlights of several track days I have now had the honor to share with him. The kid is fast on that slow bike lol.

gkotlin

Matt;147415 wrote: His passing through T9/10 was also a sight to be seen.
Yes it was. Matt jumped in front of another rider, to get them off line to so Kaleb could scoot by. By the time Matt turned around to signal the rider, it was done. That split second that the rider hesitated, Kaleb went right around the outside and was on his way.

Nice job Kaleb! Good luck at Indy!

ZLTFUL

j_fuggin_t;147829 wrote: psssshhhht i was on pace with Kaleb, oh wait i had a 600 & he had a 250... FML :D
Not to make you feel even better but isn't he on a 125? Just sayin'. :rtfm: :D

greeny

what was even more impressive than his riding was the 100s of miles he racked up on his bicycle in the morning BEFORE riding flag to flag on track all day. ah to be young again. haha

thumpin250

ya 100 plus and jake gets out of his leathers and starts tooling around the paddock on his razor making bike noises.......as my mom said....durn kids

rk97

He had a 125 AND a 250 there, so you're both right.

I have no idea how a Moriwaki 250 compares to an RS125 though.

Morrand

In re: Indy, I confess that I wasn't really paying attention to the Mori practices when they started, and was planning to go back to the trailer and get an early start to dinner when I saw some familiar leathers and bike go by. After that initial, "Hey, was that . . . ?" I saw him go by again a couple of minutes later, and sure enough, it was.

It was quite cool to go up in the stands for race #2 and see him down on the grids, and to see him pulling up positions. Ditto for race #1. Job well done.

I don't even want to talk about the Putnam SED, it's kind of a bummer to get walked by a kid on a GP bike. A cool bummer, but still . . . :)