Private Track Day at Jennings March 19

stow

Camping at the track. I will email everyone by the end of this week with gate times and cookout menu. We are going to have a blast.

Blinky

Hey Mad, I'm in the Charlotte area, I will have to shoot down 77 first and then run into 95 that way. Not sure which way will be faster if I even go that way, but most likely I will.

I have a fresh pair of N211s. Medium front and a soft rear. You think I will need another pair. Please say no because those B*%^Hs are expensive.

:popcorn:

eiiipo

stow;112089 wrote: Camping at the track. I will email everyone by the end of this week with gate times and cookout menu. We are going to have a blast.
Sounds like it is going to be a good time...being the new guy I am looking forward to meeting everyone

Caveman

I'm so confident I'll have my bike back together (after Barber) I'm going to volunteer my grill for cooking out. Hell, I'll even bring a whole bunch of chicken for everybody.
Just like last trip, old fashion throw-down.

Blinky

I need some new rearsets, Vortex or woodcraft? Trying to stay about 300-350 range, unless you guys think I will need another set of tires for this trip.

Just some pro-tek pegs on now since my OEM peg didn't want to stay attached anymore from a low-side.

Meat

eiiipo;112173 wrote: Sounds like it is going to be a good time...being the new guy I am looking forward to meeting everyone
Slow guy.....I sure hope so, I love feeling fast! :)

I am getting excited. Hopefully I will have time to start my bike this weekend and see if everything works after my off-season battle with Japanese Engineering.

dpullen

Blinky;112209 wrote: I need some new rearsets, Vortex or woodcraft? Trying to stay about 300-350 range, unless you guys think I will need another set of tires for this trip.

Just some pro-tek pegs on now since my OEM peg didn't want to stay attached anymore from a low-side.

Both rearsets are good. The new Vortex pegs are pretty much slip-proof.

As for tires, if the left side is in good condition, then you should be ok for 1 day.

- Dave

madriders86

Blinky;112152 wrote: Hey Mad, I'm in the Charlotte area, I will have to shoot down 77 first and then run into 95 that way. Not sure which way will be faster if I even go that way, but most likely I will.

I have a fresh pair of N211s. Medium front and a soft rear. You think I will need another pair. Please say no because those B*%^Hs are expensive.

I have no idea about the tires man. This will be my second TD ever.

Blinky;112209 wrote: I need some new rearsets, Vortex or woodcraft? Trying to stay about 300-350 range, unless you guys think I will need another set of tires for this trip.

I've got some vortex ones on the sv and some woodcraft ones on the ex. They are both pretty nice. I'd go with whichever one I could get cheaper :D

eiiipo;112173 wrote:
Sounds like it is going to be a good time...being the new guy I am looking forward to meeting everyone
You aren't the only one.

jas0336

check with Chris Moon. There was a fantastic Vortex sale goin on. I think I paid $275 or something like that about a month ago for my R1. If still going on that's the way to go.

Blinky

Just ordered the rearsets for 275. SO AWESOME. Guess I might look for a simple laptimer or something. Any suggestions.

dpullen

XT racing makes a really nice "mini" laptimer that isn't too expensive. The only question (for this event) will be whether or not anyone has a beacon that they can put out...

eiiipo

Time is drawing near and once again being a new guy to the track my next question is what to bring. I know all the normal stuff for the bike. What are the things that newbies normally forget?

Gwarusee

eiiipo;112826 wrote: Time is drawing near and once again being a new guy to the track my next question is what to bring. I know all the normal stuff for the bike. What are the things that newbies normally forget?
I always forget my toothbrush when I plan on camping overnight. Seriously I do.
Lots of healthy drinks and snacks. I always seem to get caught up in the excitement of the day and forget to take time to snack and hydrate a bit between sessions.

Dude I can't wait.

dpullen

eiiipo;112826 wrote: Time is drawing near and once again being a new guy to the track my next question is what to bring. I know all the normal stuff for the bike. What are the things that newbies normally forget?
Tools for your bike and spare parts, a chair, fuel for the bike, a tire pump and air pressure gauge. These are things I have loaned or given away just this year...

- Dave

Blinky

I bring potassium and salt tab pills. Sometimes it gets hot underneath that suit and keeps me a little more up than just water and Gatorade, but bring lots of water and snacks.
I'm bringing a small air compressor so that’s covered if you need some air.
How about a tarp, canapé, outdoors carpet, stands for the bike, axle tool.

Money to pay Shane

Start to make a check list, might help you before you leave so you don’t forget anything.

eiiipo

Blinky;112937 wrote: I bring potassium and salt tab pills. Sometimes it gets hot underneath that suit and keeps me a little more up than just water and Gatorade, but bring lots of water and snacks.
I'm bringing a small air compressor so that’s covered if you need some air.
How about a tarp, canapé, outdoors carpet, stands for the bike, axle tool.

Money to pay Shane

Start to make a check list, might help you before you leave so you don’t forget anything.
Out side of the "canapé" & outdoor carpet, I think I have everything covered. Will anyone have a tire changer? Not sure how long my soft med softs will last after reading the posts.

dpullen

I will probably bring mine. I should be able to change tires Thursday night and lunch on Friday, but I can't promise timely service during sessions... :)

stow

dpullen;112981 wrote: I will probably bring mine. I should be able to change tires Thursday night and lunch on Friday, but I can't promise timely service during sessions... :)
Has anybody seen Dave's fuel tank? Dave, just change out those tires, and I will take a look around. :D