Proper track exiting procedure for Putnam!

jimmeigs

Thanks for the responses. Here is what I gathered from all this:

Go through the bus stop as normal, drive to the left, when far left, hand or foot out, slow to 80%, stay left through dead bear, left (right on the edge) all the way to the exit!

Sorry for the moments, Tony. Thanks for not hitting me. I thought I was off the race line when I put my foot out and moved left. Like you said, there was some crazy passing going on that last session.

suzukigirl

I also shoot my hand up going into 7- but maintain pace- just for a heads up... Then stay left until I exit- signaling of course ; ) Well... When I used to ride, this is w.hat I did. lol

I hold my foot out all the way through dead bear and stay on the edge.......just don't kick your foot out too far, as I almost kicked Danch in the head as he was passing me this summer.:wow:

JD138

Every track hosts its own potential hazards for entering/exiting hot pit. At some point your going to make a change from the normal race line. You have to evaluate the section of track your going to do that to determine the safest place to do so.

Many of you have mentioned turn seven. Just stop and think about that turn. Great passing opportunity and if you don't get it done you set up the drive to pass into deadbear. Thats a lot of stuff going on. Too many things to go wrong. Why complicate a complicated part of the track.

Deadbear is your best place to manage traffic. Always go through seven at pace, exit at pace and drive to 8 at pace. If someone sets up to pass you into 8 then there pass is completed no harm no fowl. When you get settled into deadbear put our right foot off the peg to grab the attention of any rider behind you to signal your not at full pace and are exiting the track. Stay on a tight line that keeps your tires within the left two feet of the track. That way the natural line and the passing line caries around you to the right. On the shoot from 8 to 9 you can get a hand up and slow so you can follow the left edge of the track.

So many people forget to stop and think about what there doing and where there doing it.
I happened to see someone in I chop the throttle and put his hand up (in that order) exiting turn 10 after seeing a red flag. And no the guy behind him hadn't seen it. Scary!

butchf

jaren warren;156709 wrote: I hold my foot out all the way through dead bear and stay on the edge.......just don't kick your foot out too far, as I almost kicked Danch in the head as he was passing me this summer.:wow:
And watch for those guys(with an orange shirt) that grab your foot!:haha: