Properly Fitting Gear...Quesiton

Burnall4

WEll I am asking this here because statistically speaking the M-A forum gets more foot traffic... anyway!

I just treated myself and upgraded the hand me down suit and boots, I was going to use it was a Violator by Teknic. Size 46.

I upgraded to a A* SP-1 size 54(their size), got it in the mail from Sportbiketrackgear.com in two days... and...I put it on and the upper part fit well maybe a little bit big, but the legs were way too long, i mean way too long! So here is my question, I am going to exchange the suit, looking at the sizing chart I fit the measurements for a size 52 in the chest and the bottom of the height requirements, and weight, but overall I fit the 50 measurements better.

What should I do go TIGHT or go a little loose? What's better Tight or loose?(jokes aside)

Same with Boots, I picked up the A* Supertech's got them in a 9.5 and i have a thumbs length of room in them, so I am dropping down a size to 9 (so weird since i wear a 10.5 nike)

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks!

sportbikerchic

I'm by no means an expert, but to me it makes more sense to go with tight instead of loose. If it's too loose, then the armor can move when you roll or slide. Either it's so loose that the armor could move out of position, or it's just a tad loose and you get "rug burn" when the leather/armor moves against your skin.

[shrug] That's just me thinking out loud though.

Another option is to have it tailored and taken in some if needs be. There's a few places that'll do it. Not sure how much though. Maybe under $100? I don't know.

Burnall4

Thanks for the response, I am thinking tight is better too, but its always good to hear it from someone else.

Glen Burnie, MD I used to work in Whitemarsh, Laurel and Rockville, among many places around the US!

sportbikerchic

See what others have to say too, cause I don't have that much crash experience and I'm still on my first set of leathers (though I REALLY need to remedy that this winter).

Small world. I've got family in both Whitemarsh and Rockville. LOL.

Steve

OK, I'll chime in here, IHMO tight is better, but make sure you leave room for a back protector, at least.

Mary, I like the new avatar, but your shirt's on backwards

HKB3

if its too loose "out of the box" it will be way too big after you wear it for a few hours, tight is better cause the leather will stretch after you "break" it in

Burnall4

Thanks guys for the responses, I will get the 50 and stop lifting weights for a little bit and just do cardio ... I will tell you one thing when I put that suit on it was so amazing what a little extra money spent can get you!

So I guess you will be able to spot me now at the track, the guy with the fresh never worn suit on...lol:haha:

Ok bedtime, I have an autox in the morning :)

CBRYDR

My suit happens to be a real, good "tight" fit, that's including when I wear my back protector. I may be rocking mad "Moto Toe" when I'm standing up, but in the riding position it is perfect. Just like everyone said, make sure you get a BP that'll fit underneath the suit. Different BP's have different thicknesses, A*, Dainese, Teknic, Taichi, etc... GL!

Burnall4

Thanks, I have a forcefield back protector its "thin" more so than the back protectors that have the plastic scales. I am going to drop down two sizes based on getting my measurements taken by my dad's tailor today and see how that works.