Pucks

NCDave

vinny337;117345 wrote: You're correct it is a Noob thing to go out and drag your knee....I had that same attutitde on my first track day Oct 2008. I dragged my knee and then winded up dragging my a** the session before lunch...:) Day was shot and I stayed away from the track close to a year. This is from experience, work on your breaking, body position, throttle control and smoothness...it will pay off :agree:
I don't disagree with you at all. Since I haven't officially completed an entire year of track riding yet, I still consider myself a newb, even though I ride "I". All the things they teach in the classes is far more beneficial. What I try to keep in mind though, especially with someone new, is their "innocence" and "enthusiasm". I know I'm generalizing and going to open a can of worms, but there are a lot of experienced riders who seem to look down on newbs who exhibit that enthusiasm. I just want to encourage going out and having fun (certainly not wrecking though). Taking the classes as a novice are super beneficial, and by late morning, I scraped my knee for the first time. It was a thrill to be remembered. I'm sure the CRs that I mentioned it to were not nearly as impressed as I was, but I hope they realized that it was born from total enjoyment of our sport and not a false sense of becomming and "expert".

mattf

I've been running some A&G's and they have been holding up very well, and I haven't found them that much "grabbier" than a decent set of plastic pucks, but they do last longer (and smell like BBQ after!).

That said, my next set of pucks (once I wear out the next set of A&G's I've got laying around) will prob be a pair of Kluckys........

stkr

bodell;117263 wrote: Has anyone tried live turtle kneesliders? They have great feel but leave one hell of a mess.
picture.php
Nice!!! :haha:

Trent1098S

OK that's it.. someone with photoshop skills has GOT to do a caveman with turtle shell knee sliders and some animal's skull for a helmet dragging knee around a corner for a fake insurance ad. Could use Eslicks new bike as the backdrop, it already has the insurance stickers.....

"Draggin knee.. so easy a caveman could do it"

D.Brown

Trent1098S;117556 wrote: OK that's it.. someone with photoshop skills has GOT to do a caveman with turtle shell knee sliders and some animal's skull for a helmet dragging knee around a corner for a fake insurance ad. Could use Eslicks new bike as the backdrop, it already has the insurance stickers.....

Live turtle Knee sliders? Hmm? So easy a Daveman can do it!

D.Brown#111

bodell

picture.php
Trent1098S;117556 wrote: OK that's it.. someone with photoshop skills has GOT to do a caveman with turtle shell knee sliders and some animal's skull for a helmet dragging knee around a corner for a fake insurance ad. Could use Eslicks new bike as the backdrop, it already has the insurance stickers.....

geckert

Lombardo Joe;117174 wrote: Question... In terms of passing tech, are pucks that are worn down a good amount going to fail you? I just bought a suit from a guy, and the right knee is probably 50%-60% worn down... Now, this is going to be my first track day, so I myself will not be putting any knees down. But do I have to throw new ones on? I checked the manual, and the only thing it has to say about pucks is that we can't have sparkies.

You dont need pucks to ride or pass tech. Ive worn some that were down to the velcro one half the other had maybe 1/4 inch left. They are kind of an add-on like tire warmers, you dont NEED them but its good to have.

dj life

I just steal the ones off my buddies suits cause they dont touch down anyway.... Plus I'm to cheap to buy them... :)

mattf

dj life;117868 wrote: I just steal the ones off my buddies suits cause they dont touch down anyway.... Plus I'm to cheap to buy them... :)
:idea: Sonofabit..........that reminds me! My buddy owes me a set from last year! :doh: