Q on lines for Brembo MC on older GSXR

JGardy_781

Guys -

I've had a brembo radial front brake master cylinder on my 02 GSXR-750 since I bought it, replacing the stock non-radial piece. The existing goodridge stainless lines were meant for the non-radial stock piece, so to get them to fit up to the brembo master cylinder's bolt, the lines were contorted quite a bit to fit up to the master, leading to what looked like a lot of strain on the lines themselves as they made the sharp 90 degree bend from horizontal to vertical instead of having a 90 degree fitting at the end of the line itself.

The lines are due for replacement, and while I'm leaning towards having yoyodyne make custom lines to fit the bike, I wanted to see if anyone used a set of lines from any of the major line manufacturers (goodridge, galfer, etc.) meant to fit another bike (maybe a later model GSXR that came with an OEM radial master cylinder) instead of having lines made. Or, did you just use lines meant for the regular fitment, and twist the master end around to get it to fit up..

Thanks,
Jason

HighWay

I have the same bike with the same setup, brembo mc and goodridge lines. I don't know if the brake lines have any numbers on them but I will look tomorrow for you. The lines don't seem stressed or twisted, this is the best picture I have right now. Does yours look the same?

TrackBike081708011.jpg

JGardy_781

HighWay;35207 wrote: I have the same bike with the same setup, brembo mc and goodridge lines. I don't know if the brake lines have any numbers on them but I will look tomorrow for you. The lines don't seem stressed or twisted, this is the best picture I have right now. Does yours look the same?
Yep - that's what mine look like - the "proper" fittings for the radial setup would be a pair of 90 degree banjo fittings that would exit the bleed bolt, and immediately turn down towards the calipers, and then the flexible portion of the line starts from there.

Mine looks exactly like yours, which when they were attached to the stock master cylinder, would have exited directly down towards the calipers when the banjo bolt was screwed horizontally into the master cylinder body. I just bent the lines over like you did, but I find that they interfere with the fairing stay when the bars are turned to full lock, and mine seem to have more "curve" on them downward than yours do...

Thanks for taking a look...

Jason

JRA

I have the exact same set up on my 01 600. You should call Spiegler. The lines they make have fittings that can be rotated so that you can route them properly. Any of their lines for GSXR's will be the right length, but the lines for the GSXR's that have radial MC's ('04 and up) should just bolt right on with only slight (or no) adjustment to the fittings.

you also can order the parts you need to make the correct set up for your bike. good-ridge offers the fitting separate for just the occasion. Spiegler make some pretty cool line also, just explain what you are working with and Mathias will hook you up.

stkr

Handicapped Racer;36977 wrote: you also can order the parts you need to make the correct set up for your bike. good-ridge offers the fitting separate for just the occasion. Spiegler make some pretty cool line also, just explain what you are working with and Mathias will hook you up.
Old Post, but good information!

Just in case anyone is looking for special brake lines. Give Spiegler a call. They are more than helpfull on the phone. Hopefully their shipping is fast too, because I need those new lines by tomorrow. ;)

I went with some 70 degree fittings to match with the new Brembo, plus the fittings at both ends pivot to eliminate any twisting stresses. Win-Win!

http://www.spieglerusa.com/

:cool: