Q2's on my doorstep

BonesDT

I just got Dunlop Q2's and No-Mar mount/demount bar in the mail today! This will be my first tire change, I've been doing TDs with the stock Bridgestones! I'm trying to mentally prepare for the grip heaven, but I'm sure they will still blow me away!

I'm going to try to use FaceRace98's mounting technique:
http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=4314&page=5&highlight=threaded+rod

I still need to hit up Harbor Freight for their balancer. It's back at the full $60 price, I hope they'll honor my $40 "coupon" from when it was on sale back in the day. Actually, I hope they still have one in stock, cuz I'm screwed if they don't since I'm tight on time.

I'm drinking some Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA to celebrate (which I do every night)!

LUCKEDUCK

You can use those little beads for balancing.. I think they are called dynabeads.. My buddy used them on his last tire change.. Way cheaper than a wheel balancer.. Something to think about...

geckert

I balanced my tires on the axle on the bike without the calipers on while I am waiting to get a real balancer better than nothing.

Dynabeads. I heard they dont work in sportbike tires since we are moving at such high speeds and cornering and such... Just what I heard, personally I only like air in my tires.

LUCKEDUCK

They work pretty good my buddys got a gsxr 750 track bike and he loves em.. says his bike is super smooth.. They work at high speeds too... So they will work with sport bikes...

FaceRace98

When you are mounting the tire with the no-mar bar, slide a roll of duct tape down the rod to leverage the bar on. I was having a problem with the mounting end of the bar popping out when thrying to mount the tires and this for the most part solved the issue.

Also use plenty of tire lube and put some on the underside of the tire for the last bit of mounting when your stretching the tire the most. If you havm't already watch the videos on no-mars website and you will see what i'm talking about.

Hope the design works for you, It may not be as nice as a full-on tire changer but it works fairly well. I must have changed 20 sets of tires by now with that set-up.

SpEeDy GoNzAlEz

BonesDT;125716 wrote: I just got Dunlop Q2's and No-Mar mount/demount bar in the mail today! This will be my first tire change, I've been doing TDs with the stock Bridgestones! I'm trying to mentally prepare for the grip heaven, but I'm sure they will still blow me away!

I'm going to try to use FaceRace98's mounting technique:
http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=4314&page=5&highlight=threaded+rod

I still need to hit up Harbor Freight for their balancer. It's back at the full $60 price, I hope they'll honor my $40 "coupon" from when it was on sale back in the day. Actually, I hope they still have one in stock, cuz I'm screwed if they don't since I'm tight on time.

I'm drinking some Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA to celebrate (which I do every night)!
Word of advice :rtfm: and also watch their DVD. It'll make your tire changes a lot easier. All my buddies tried changing tires without watching the DVD and the ended up breaking my tips on the bar.
Also use the proper amount of lube in the key spots when mounting your new tire. Not enough lube and you'll be battling the tire and mounting bar all day. Too much can make your tire spin on the rim during hard accelerations.
You'll going to really like the Q2's. Excellent street/track day tire. I really like mine.:D
I bought the balancer when I bought the tire changer while I was @ it. Never used the beeds thing.