Q2 Tire Pressure

treker8098

I am running Q2's for the first time and want to have a safe, fun time this weekend. With that in mind I was curious about recommended tire pressures for the Q2's. I had never seen any information definitivley listing starting pressures so I did some research. Virginia Gallant of Dunlop Motorcycle and ATV Tires referred me to Race Tire Service for the information I was seeking. I want to pass on what I learned from Steve and Sterling from Race Tire Service. Keep in mind this is only for the Q2's:

- Starting pressures are reccommended at 32F, 32R. These pressures are in the middle of the workable zone for the tire.
-These recommend setting these pressures at the beginning of the day and not changing them even though we are expecting a wide range of temperatures.
-The pressures will change according to the riding style and therefore no hot pressures are sought.
-If a slipping condition is noted, the slipping condition should be consistant every lap, one may adjust the pressure down by 1 pound from the current temperature. Or if stability issues are noted, 1 pound up.
-1 or two pound pressures adjustments are all that should be done; if even that.
-Unless we are within 15 seconds of the track record, we will not notice results from pressure changes.
-If you have more questions I contacted these guys are (800) 772-8473

Hugh